Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am KINKED Again!!!! and in discomfort.

I was banded on the 21st of March and then on the 3rf of April I had emergency surgery to fix what they thought was a port problem but ended up being a "kink" in the tubing.

NOw 1 week later another kink!!! I am so depressed. This is not fair!!!!! The doctor wants to wait til monday and do it in her office under a local. I am scared!!!!! Not sure if I want to do that or not. but I am in discomfort and I know it nees to be fixed.

Is this common???? I haven't heard of anyone continually getting kinks. I want to see what kind of statistics Inamed has on this.

I cried alot today and am so unsure if I made the right decision in the first place. I knew there was a possibility of complications but tubing kinks were never mentioned to me.

This is hard to explain, but I am so depressed and stressed over this.... I am nauseated.

Jana~ I'm not realy sure on advice to give you...but you didn't go through with the surgery only for it not to work....so don't give up. Have them fix it and see if you can get offf on a better start with your band all fixed up!!!! I'm sending you (((HUGS)))) Hope that helps. WE are here for you !!!! Let us know how you are and try to keep your spirits hogh....hoping things will get better for you!!!!

Thanks Jamie!!

It's just so hard trying to stay poitive, I was self pay and I keep thinking what kind of financial predicament did I get us into....when I keep having complications.

Goodness! So sorry you're having problems. I can kind of empathize with you. I was also self pay & had a unaccessible tilted port for the first 3 months or so after being banded. I'm with Jamie. Don't give up! I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Let us know how things go. If you need someone to talk to just PM me.

I'm so sorry that you're having problems. Hang in there! I hope everything is resolved for you on Monday. (((HUGS)))

Bless you heart Jana!! I am preband, but wanted you to know I'm here and I will definitely pray for you. I see your a SAHM and even though I hope to get my insurance to pay, I understand your financial concerns.

You know, I don't have any experience with this yet, but the first thing that comes to mind is I'm wondering if your tubing is at the proper length? Perhaps that is an issue you can discuss with your surgeon. I'm going to add that to my list of questions for my surgeon as well.

Hang in there.....you deserve for this band to work and I know it will once you get over this hurdle. Take care and let us know how things go.

:)

There is a lady over at obesityhelp.com in the lapband forum that got kinked or vapor locked as they ended up calling it while getting filled. She had to have surgery immediatly because they couldnt get the fill needle out. You may wonder over there and see if you can find her. Good Luck and I hope they can figure this out for you.

Andrea

Thanks Jessie, Anne, 3loves, and Andrea! It's nice to have the support from all of you!!! I feel less stressed about it today and the discomfort level has diminished.

Jessie: I might take you up on the pm thing, because it's nice to have somebody reassure you when you have all kinds of crazy thoughts go thru you head!!!!

3loves: My surgeon has decided when she goes in on monday to disconnect the tubing from the port and shorten it and reconnect. She thinks with the shorter lenghth it won't kink again. But she thought that last week when she fixed the kink and tack the tubing down to the abdominal wall. I am just a little leery that she is going to try to fix it this time in her office under a local. I'm not sure I want to be awake for this!!! LOL nervously!!!!!

I love all you girls and again I really appreciate you all!!!!

Bless your heart.

((( HUGS ))))

You'll get through this, I promise.

These band journeys are all different, and your journey is very different so far.

Sorry it's been so rocky.

Keep us posted.

Maybe your surgeon can give you a relaxer in addition to the local. Don't know if that's possible b/c I don't have experience with that type of thing, but I do know Ativan works really well!!

You'll be fine regardless.....I'm sure. Keep in touch!!

How many bands has your surgeon done? I think this is a very rare complication ... to have it happen twice is very odd. So sorry you're having to go through this!

Jana,

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I got banded on 3/12 and when I went in for my first fill they figured out that my port was tilted and they couldn't do the fill. They said to wait 6 weeks and we'll try again. If they can't do the fill on 6/21 then they'll have to surgically go in a tilt it back.

I feel your pain. I've only lost 31 lbs so far. I've only lost 5 lbs in the last month. I walk on the treadmill every day, but the weight isn't coming off. I really need a fill. I'm feeling a little depressed too.

I've never heard of the tubing gettin kinked, but I feel for you. I hope everything turns out okay on Monday. Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

Sandy, 5llbs off in a month is brilliant, If you only lost that every month you'd still be doing reaslly well. I know it's hard but it's coming off not on that going in the right direction. I'm a pre bander and I'm going in the other direction rapidly the llbs are just going on! Hope this helps you to see the glass if half full!

Jx

Sandy, 5 lbs off in a month is brilliant, If you only lost that every month you'd still be doing really well. I know it's hard but it's coming off not on that going in the right direction. I'm a pre bander and I'm going in the other direction rapidly the llbs are just going on! Hope this helps you to see the glass if half full!

Jx

Thanks! and yes, it does make me see the other side. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed that! :o

Why are you a pre-bander? Did the band not work for you?

Just curious. What does the kink feel like? For the last couple days I have been feeling very sore in my side. I am not sure what could be causing it. I can actually feel the port and I couldn't before. It also feels like it is in a different place then where I got the fill. So, I am wondering if something has happened to the port.