Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was kids pizzas i had part of a slice n a wingette that was baked thou im sorry guys im in my basement crashimg workout now because of it i dont guys my numbers stop i count my intake alot i miss my Breakfast because i over sleep CRYING

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

I don't agree. Behaviors we are trying to avoid are binge eating, eating mindlessly, overheating, head hunger, emotional eating etc. normal weight people eat pizza and burgers, they just don't do it all of the time. I had half a slice of pizza tonight and a salad for dinner. I'm carb cycling right now. Yes make healthy choices most of the time and sometimes have a chocolate or a slice of pizza or a martini! It's rediculous to think that someone will never eat another "bad" food Again.

Happy bday to your son. Enjoy it!

I think the hardest part of having the lap band is retraining our brain. For so long, my life revolved around food. Someone's birthday....let go out to eat. Bad day at work.....order yummy take out. Date night with my hubby....go out to eat. I am still not there yet but I am really trying to focus on other ways to Celebrate.

With that said, one slice of pizza is fine if you track it. My feeling is that noting is off limits as long as I track it and keep within my calories. To be honest though, I don't even crave those things anymore because I am placing less emphasis on what I am eating everyday.

One question though....Are you on solid foods yet? I thought you were recently banded....

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I don't see anything wrong with eating part of a slice of pizza and a wing. I hope you enjoyed it and hbday to your son.

I don't agree. Behaviors we are trying to avoid are binge eating' date=' eating mindlessly, overheating, head hunger, emotional eating etc. normal weight people eat pizza and burgers, they just don't do it all of the time. I had half a slice of pizza tonight and a salad for dinner. I'm carb cycling right now. Yes make healthy choices most of the time and sometimes have a chocolate or a slice of pizza or a martini! It's rediculous to think that someone will never eat another "bad" food Again.

Happy bday to your son. Enjoy it![/quote']

Can you elaborate on carb cycling? I just bought Chris Powels book on carb cycling, but I'm not sure how to do it because my nutritionist doesn't allow me to eat carbs anyhow...I'm confused...how do YOU carb cycle? Thanks! :)

Don't guilt yourself. There might be an occasion where you need to eat, but the choices aren't the best. You had pizza and a wing. Really except for the dough on the pizza, it's all good. Drink your Water, and make your next meals better.

Of course don't do it all the time.

:)

Peaceful1,

I don't follow Chris' book exactly. I do one low carb day then a hi carb day and alternate. I don't do a free day either. There is a post in the food section called carb cycling an experiment gone right. You should read through it. So what I do is on a hi carb day I take what calories I need just to maintain my weight which is about 2600-2700. I can never go over that by honestly I rarely even get close to that. You can have up to 240 carbs and up to your max calories. It depends on your weight. On low carbs days I don't have more then 50 carbs and a 1000 calories less then my max cals. Yesterday was a low carb day and I only had 1000 calories and 49 carbs. The day before was a hi carb day and I had 1400 calories and 145 carbs. I'm trying to get higher on my hi days but its hard because I'm such a picky eater. My weakness has never been the breads and pastas its always been chocolate, so on low carb days I avoid the sweets and on my hi carb days I get a few pieces of chocolate. Doing it day by day makes it real easy too stick with for me. Hope this helps.

I dont have a calorie intake a day i will let my dietican know of that i do count my calories i barely eat but small good choices today for Breakfast i had a smoothie lunch sauteed zucchini green onion onions bell pepper and a few slices of chicken breast in olive oil i guess thats ok

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Can you elaborate on carb cycling? I just bought Chris Powels book on carb cycling, but I'm not sure how to do it because my nutritionist doesn't allow me to eat carbs anyhow...I'm confused...how do YOU carb cycle? Thanks! :)

Peaceful, weren't you just banded not that long ago? If that is correct, you really do want to follow your nutritionist advice. You're just getting started. The ppl using the carb cycling have been banded for a while and have lost a lot of weight and they are using it to break plateau's. It's really not right for you right now.j/s

I dont have a calorie intake a day i will let my dietican know of that i do count my calories i barely eat but small good choices today for Breakfast i had a smoothie lunch sauteed zucchini green onion onions bell pepper and a few slices of chicken breast in olive oil i guess thats ok

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

MsRhonda have your dietician set up a diet program just for you. My Nutritionist has me on 1000-1200 calories a day, which I'm to have 60grams of Protein a day. I'm suppose to eat 3 meals a day and eat my Protein first and if there's any room left have 1/4 to 1/2 of veggies & 1/4 good carbs (fruit, whole grain bread or crackers or veggie). So each meal is to have over 15 grams of protein.

My Fitness Pal is an excellent way to track your calories and protein. You can use it on your phone or home computer. No trying to figure how many grams you've had the app does it for you.

It's a fact that more ppl lose weight when they track.

Good luck to you!

I was then i stoped i make up my meals tmrw il call dr n speak with her and im on regular diet was banded on the 10 i had firat fill 3cc i might increase it idk i need to get in these meals on time set im sit down and plan my meals instesd day by day hey ima have this n that thing . Im getting sick of my scale ima hide it from myself i have not went past my 40pound lost i go workout i really think its planning my foods i chose good things low cal sugars fat carbs etc its the times i eat i fell like my restriction from 3cc is disapearing and im getting upset i started at 278 im im 238 and i dont see it this buldge in my tummy abobe my belly button sucks. I want to cry i drink fluids thruvout day to keep mind from hunger but if i dont get enuff in then what. I see people restrict there bands til the actually band size or lesser do the lose weight cuz hell they not getting nothing in. Im trying here CRYING this is so freaking fustrating i want to at least get to my own goal by my birthday i want to be at least 200 by then or less i dont know band family. I want this more than candy. I just wish my tummy woukd go away. And i see my weight lost i want to get in a size 16 then an 14 then a 12 ,sigh....

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

It was kids pizzas i had part of a slice n a wingette that was baked thou im sorry guys im in my basement crashimg workout now because of it i dont guys my numbers stop i count my intake alot i miss my breakfast because i over sleep CRYING

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Hey it was not even a slice of pizza. Yes we're supposed to be making 'the right choices' but if eating the pizza was the right choice while with your son then so be it. I've eaten pizza. But before LB it would have been a WHOLE pizza. As long as you've counted it in your calories. Don't lose sleep over it or cry. That's just painful and could lead to bigger problems. Sometimes we don't want a salad and just need a bit of normal food. I'll probably be totally brought down for saying that but hey ho!

I think if you totally deny yourself everything that ok may be bad choice but a nice choice your more likely give up like we would have done on diets in past. What do they say 'a liittle bit of what you fancy won't kill you' ;0)

You've eaten it, enjoyed it and addressed that you have. Move on and stop worrying. Your anxiety over it shows that you knew it was wrong for you, but honestly were only human xxxxxx

I was then i stoped i make up my meals tmrw il call dr n speak with her and im on regular diet was banded on the 10 i had firat fill 3cc i might increase it idk i need to get in these meals on time set im sit down and plan my meals instesd day by day hey ima have this n that thing . Im getting sick of my scale ima hide it from myself i have not went past my 40pound lost i go workout i really think its planning my foods i chose good things low cal sugars fat carbs etc its the times i eat i fell like my restriction from 3cc is disapearing and im getting upset i started at 278 im im 238 and i dont see it this buldge in my tummy abobe my belly button sucks. I want to cry i drink fluids thruvout day to keep mind from hunger but if i dont get enuff in then what. I see people restrict there bands til the actually band size or lesser do the lose weight cuz hell they not getting nothing in. Im trying here CRYING this is so freaking fustrating i want to at least get to my own goal by my birthday i want to be at least 200 by then or less i dont know band family. I want this more than candy. I just wish my tummy woukd go away. And i see my weight lost i want to get in a size 16 then an 14 then a 12 ,sigh....

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

getting upset and crying wont solve anything and it may make you feel worse and then you may say WTF and have a good ole eating pity party. welcome to my former life.

so woman up.....eat your portions as your doctor advised you. stop eating at 1 cup (eat Proteins, veggies and fruit) and drink alot....and stick to it...

if you do that, you will do well and lose weight.

I to eat a special food that is high in cals from time to time....

But I eat a portion of the size I would of eattin a year ago....

and I dont eat any chips...or candy....i just set my mind to it that

getting thin was worth it...and I was NOT going to fail this band...

So much is head work.....You can do it !!!

You only had a slice of pizza. It's not the end of the world. Who said on occassion we cant eat pizza. I do. For those still going about this carb cycling on a daily basis and long term you are setting yourself up for failure especially if you have only lost 37 pounds. You are supposed to be eating a high Protein diet. All those carbs are going to do nothing but make you gain weight and not lose. Stick to your doctors plan and hang up the carb cycling. I can see those who have been doing it long term their tickers are not moving shoud be a kick in the arse right there to tell you aint right just so you can consume a ton of carbs. If you all would just stick to your doctors plan you will have no issues. There is no reason to try all these other fad diets out there. We already did this and failed. Carb cycling is nothing more then giving yourself an excuse to have a field day with carbs. Knock it off.