Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting First Fill in 2 Days!!! SCARED!!

I am a big whimp when it comes to needles. I am having my first fill on Thursday. My surgery was 11/7 It's almost been 8 weeks since surgery. I am getting more nervous by the day. Doesn't help that I have to go by myself either!! The BF has to work and all the friends and family are busy that day. I am starting to really FREAK out!!

I'm usually lying down and can't see the needle.:) i don't know if that helps, but I hope so. It's just a bit worse than a shot, and worth it.

Good luck to you! :)

I had 4 fills in total.. didn't feel any of them.

When I had my first fill I said to the doctor tell me when you put needle in... and he said... "I'm already done."

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss; 156 lbs

You should be fine, mine put a bit of lidocane (freezing) for my first 2 fills and not sure if it helped or not, but there was no pain.

There is NO pain involved. If you pinch yourself, you will hurt more than the thin-ass needle.

Piece of cake and it takes seconds and its over. Over-rated episode!

So do they use lidocaine shots or that freezy stuff? All he said was he will numb the area. When I had the surgery they used the freezy stuff to do my IV but I think it hurt more cause it constricted the vein. I've had the freezy stuff for a steroid shot in my shoulder and it was awesome!!

I am probably making this out to be worse than it is, but the unknown scares the hell out of me.

Thanks Everyone for the words of encouragement!!

For me the anesthesia hurts more than the full needle.. I just bite my finger lol, it only takes seconds but its all worth it ;)

I have has a fills with numbing cream (they rub it on a few minutes before they stick ya) and a fill WITHOUT the numbing cream. Let me just say that from now on I will ALWAYS ask for the cream!! It wasn't horrible, but it did hurt a bit. THAT WAS WITHOUT THE NUMBING CREAM. As long as they numb the area I think you'll do fine. My fill visits take no more than 5 minutes and that is it!! Good Luck!

Ps.....Ask for the cream or they may forget. :)

Don't be scared. Easy peasy!!!

Well, my Fill got resceduled... the fluroscopy machine broke and won't be fixed in time for my appointment tomorrow. So now I have to wait another week. O yay!! and To top it off I am not sure if I still have insurance so now I may have had this surgery all for nothing!!

If you got thru the surgery then you can get throught the fill. What did you mean when you said the surgery was all for nothing because of insur

fills are a piece of cake! as far as losing your insurance goes, your Dr probably included a year or so of fills with the pricing of the surgery? i'd certainly hope so anyways.

mmmm....cake... LOL.. don't over think it.. it will be over before you know it.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs