Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston Potluck - May 27 - Sign Up for Dishes

Houston Potluck lunch

Saturday, May 27th

3:00 PM

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Please sign up to bring one of the following dishes:

Meat/seafood entree-type thing

chicken Chili - StrawartS

Crawfish Etouffee - Sallyjo

Sides

Crudites - JanetC and Mikey

Deviled eggs - Ms. Vicki

Dessert

and most importantly...BOOZE!

1 bottle each Shiraz, Chardonnay, White Zinfandel - StrawartS

Bottle of wine - Suzi_D

Bandster-friendly dishes would be appreciated, and printing out your recipe to share with the group would be fun, too.

Everyone is invited - band or no band - and any guests and family, too!

Please PM StrawartS for directions to Mary's house in Spring.

I don't get off work until 6pm, so I won't be able to attend.

I really never looked at the calendar. I just assumed this would fall on a Saturday. Of course, we all know what we get when we ASS U & ME.

Eat a bunch of lunch for me!

It is a Saturday, Ms Vicki. May, not April. At least I hope I picked the right calendar! :D The one on my wall is still from last year, lol, so you never know! :D

Thanks for making it the 27th! We'll bring... um... something we can buy at the grocery store once we get there! ;) Most likely a veggie plate....

I would love to come, however that is Memorial Day weekend and I've promised my grandmother I would come to Arkansas for a visit. I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time. Have a drink or two for me!!!!

JanetC - Thanks for setting me straight! I was turned to the April page, but was looking at the smaller calendar for MAY (they give you the month before and after). Would you believe the calendar was WRONG! When I turned to the big May page, it was correct!

Looks like I CAN be there...God willin' and the creek don't rise!(my grandma used to say that)

I think I'll bring deviled eggs.

Awesome! The 27th is great for me. I'll mark it on my calendar. Please contact me at your convenience with the directions to Marys. It will be nice to finally meet all of you. Put me down for a bottle of wine and what else?? Suggestions please? Anyone against dessert items being there?

I would LOVE to be part of this day... but May is out for me.

Maybe later in the summer you guys can have another one??

Im in Lake Charles Louisiana - 3 hours east of Spring.

Also, Im one that would need to stay over night.

Paula, I would love to meet you! I think we'll do the next one at the end of June to keep it a month apart. Maybe we should just start doing them the last weekend of the month, which would make the June one on the 24th.

I can host in June, and you and your entourage are welcome to stay in my guest room. I won't start a thread yet, but let us know if that date would work for you.

StrawartS-

Look at the last page of the Sangria Suarez thread. I'm trying to plan another get together in Houston sometime in the summer including a Slumber Party. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

I'm a thriving banster who would love to meet some real bansters and join the fun. I've not gotten apprvl from my ins co yet or even picked a surgeon but baby steps is what I'm given right now since all my docs don't seem to be as informed about the lapband than they are about gastric bypass. Please msg me back or email me at dltorres@sbcglobal.net with more information. I'm in the 1960 & I-45 area and can't wait to hear from you!

Paula, I would love to meet you! I think we'll do the next one at the end of June to keep it a month apart. Maybe we should just start doing them the last weekend of the month, which would make the June one on the 24th.

I can host in June, and you and your entourage are welcome to stay in my guest room. I won't start a thread yet, but let us know if that date would work for you.

:omg: Have you lost your mind?:omg:

We save these types of special visits (the WHOLE entourage) for grandparents :Banane56: . Only certain people we feel the need to bless with the presence of our whole family (fighting/screaming/hollering/fussing - such joyful moments). sorry :biggrin1: Im sure youre SO disappointed.

((BIG HUGS, cause you have no idea who much it means to me for the offer))

I may do this one alone - or Mike may tag along. Well see.

But thanks again!

Late June would work well for me!

Well, dogs I can do. Last summer I babysat a golden retriever, a big black fluffy thing, plus my beagle for two weeks, and every night, we all slept in the same bed together.

Kids...well, haven't tried it yet, but I don't think people like when you put them on a leash or in a crate, so I might not be cut out for that. :Banane56:

Paula, the offer remains open if you change your mind. Or we could sneak into Spiegel's office and camp out in his seminar room.

I have to work at school. Teachers have to work on Saturday, unless they earned comp time from summer 05. I really wanted to meet everyone! The menu is looking awesome!

Susan