Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill now have gas in shoulders

Got my 1st fill yesterday, fill went fine, got home and rest of day , all night and today lots of gas pain.. Is it normal?

Gas? Hmmm not sure why you would get gas from a fill. What did the Dr say?

I didn't feel until I got home.. Didn't think was to big of deal still new learning the ropes. So this isn't normal?

It may be but there is no air going in with a fill...its just saline so I cannot figure out how it would promote gas but I am sure not a Dr. Might there be another reason you have gas? How long ago were you banded?

11/30, when I got my fill, the guy took all saline out to measure make sure was what in, then added 1.5 more. Now have a 5.5 band

Everyone is different as we all know. My dr calls my lapband sensitive. I get the shoulder pain also. We have nerve endings that run across the top of our abdomen and lead to the left shoulder. That's why so may people get shoulder pain after surgery from the gas as well as after eating from pressure of the food. The pain will subside its just another side effect that some us will go through and many others won't.

I too got left shoulder pain from first fill. It is caused by the nerve close to your band. It tells me when to stop eating. If I go over one bite after first twinge of pain, it will get really severe. Some times a stuck burp will cause the nerve pain. Due for second fill Jan 3 and kinda nervous it might get worse.

I have the slimband ( Canadian version) I've never had a fill, had my surg in June and always get pain in my left shoulder if I eat too much. But recently in oct. I also started having nutcracker esophageal spasms, not fun at all but the pain in my shoulder didn't seem to show up I would much prefer the shoulder pain any day.

Everyone is different as we all know. My dr calls my lapband sensitive. I get the shoulder pain also. We have nerve endings that run across the top of our abdomen and lead to the left shoulder. That's why so may people get shoulder pain after surgery from the gas as well as after eating from pressure of the food. The pain will subside its just another side effect that some us will go through and many others won't.

I get the shoulder pain also if I overeat. I gotta learn to stop before the pain starts

I get the "angel wing" to left shoulder pain if I eat too fast or if my band is too tight. That's why I truly follow my surgeons rule for liquids only three days after fill. Every doc is different but mine is conservative. Then I am sensitive in my stomach and eating for almost a week to two weeks after fill. It's a pattern after my fills that I have learned. So I know that the first couple weeks I have to start out on mushies and foods I know I can tolerate:)

I have had 3 fills and I get gas pains in my shoulders for about two days after a fill then I'm fine