Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY couldnt i make good choices before?!

This band is an awesome tool but it takes ALOT of will power and self control to use it properly. Im 40 years old & been on too many unsuccessful diets to count, Why in the world couldn't I make better food choices before the band? Mad at myself for getting in this shape. Oh well, guess I'll just start over. Lol. This week I'll be down 50lbs. A huge success for me but I'll still have a long ways to go. Can't help but be embarrassed to say I've lost that much and I'm still OBESE!

For me, prior to the band, even eating healthy foods would not have satisfied my appetite. My satiety trigger took a lot to activate. I simply had to eat till I was so full there was no room left for food.

Now, thanks to the band, I feel satisfied much sooner so I eat so much less. Of course, the band hasn't stopped me from eating Cookies, cakes and pies. It does seem to help me eat less of those foods but I know I'd blow up like a balloon if I was around that stuff too often.

I went to a lunch buffet yesterday. First time in many many months. What astonished me was how large the portions of food on others forks as they shoveled quiche, quacamole, pies and cakes into their pieholes. OMG, I cannot eat bites of food even close to the amounts of what I saw yesterday. That's part of it too I think.

So, I know I could not have done this without the band. My food choices prior to surgery was about the same as it is now, only then, it was much more and hey, why not throw some extra cheesecake on top of that too.

tmf

well cat spit......getting mad at yourself now wont solve nothing...whats done is done. i think WTF was i doing at 336 pounds??...but i got the band to help me and here i sit.......down 88 some pounds...

focus on here and now and the future.

the past is gone and never to return.

i dont care how many times i watch the christmas carol...

ps-i lost that much and still have that much to go..so i understand your thinking :)

You wil always have that question. You have to move forward with your new life and know you wont go back to the old you. Love your new self for where you are going, how far you have come and the success you will find when you are at goal.

We all ask ourselves the same thing. Some days I get angry that I have to fight this battle, but

everyone has their battle in life and I guess weight is mine. Try to let go of the past and embrace your new life. 50lbs is tremendous -- congrats!

Not sure where you are at with your band...fills, restriction, etc....so I will speak for myself.

I too stink at dieting....I have no will power or self dicipline at all when it comes to eating....I would eat till it hurt....button popping....then go back for more.....

But now, with the band and adequate restriction...I still eat till it hurts, well not always hurt, but my eating portion sizes are so much smaller....it does not matter what you put in front of me, wether I am at a party, buffet, whatever....there is just so much I can eat and that's it! I'm finished...Impossible to over eat!!

And it does hurt when your band begins to stretch....

So,having portion sizes totally under control, due to the band.....the only thing left for me to do is make wise food choices......

So, I can choose between Cookies, or a healthy Protein food such as fish......cookies - fish, Cookies - fish....decisioins!. keep in mind, after I eat one, whichever I may choose....I won't have room for the other.......I can fill my pouch with cookies, or I can fill my pouch with something nutritional....

I remeber being taught by the NUTS and Dr., always start your meal by eating the Protein first.....ever wonder why??? Because you may not have room for the other stuff.....so your first choice should be the best choice...then you are satisfied, cannot eat the 2nd choice, which is the junk....

Again, I have been at parties where I eat a portion of protein first, then I am unable to pig out on anything else.....no matter what is there, it does not matter....

Did I make sense??? I may rambling......it's been a long day