Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved and schduled for Jan 23rd

Hi ladies - I saw my GP today and I'm definitely diabetic, but he's not going to start me on meds yet since I'm on the pre-op diet. Since I can't have sugar or carbs on this diet, he says I should be fine. I just have to check my levels every morning especially the morning of my surgery.

Today has been so hard. I want food soooooo bad. It feels like day 1 all over again. Is anyone else experiencing this today?

I'm very sorry to hear this news Mimi. The good thing is, with your surgery so close, you might not be diabetic for long. Hopefully you can get by with just oral meds and then just diet controlled. I will keep you in my thoughts. As far as pre op diet, you might just be getting bored with not being able to have foods. It will be over soon my dear!

Hey Mimi hope all is going well, any updates? You have been in my prayers...hopfully this will be a short lived diabetic blip prior to surgery and it will all be over after the procedure!! Keep your head up and please keep us posted.

As for everyone else, how is everyone doing so far? I have pretty much got use to this whole thing and only ONE WEEK LEFT! Ahh so unreal!! Last night I had a craving for some cheese and a chicken cutlet as well as a burger but made it threw lmao!! How much weight has everyone lost so far? I lost 10 since last week, I guess sipping on liquids will do that to you...UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES everyone :) xoxo

Great job on the 10 lbs Anali! I am down 9. Can you believe we only have a week to go? I am craving the spaghetti everybody is eating at the office right now!! We can do this.

Thank you for the support ladies. I really appreciate it! Congrats on the 10 pounds Anali!

I'm down 12 lbs, but the past 2 days have been hard. I've been craving food and nothing is satisfying my hunger. My stomach has been growling for two days straight and I've had zero energy so I've had to take a taxi to and from work. Ughhhh 1 more week :(

Hang in there!!!

Thanks babykins! I'm trying to. I feel like such a wimp. I've been through a lot with my health and I have to remind myself why I am doing this. I'm so grateful for this forum and all the support.

Couldnt agree more Mimi...

At pre surgical testing this morning...and the waiting around all day begins blah

Mimi, I understand the stomach growling. I also have been hungry for 2 days. I don't know what it is. I am worried about the 3 day weekend coming up. That is a lot of time being at home. Anali, I hope your presurgery testing is going well. What did you have to do for that? I am waiting for a call from the surgery center to find out what time my surgery is next week. It can't get here soon enough if you ask me. By the way, how much time are you guys taking off from work?

10-12 days. Surgeon wanted two weeks. I wanted a week. We met in the middle.

I'm taking a month off. My surgeon said 3 weeks, my GP and neurologist said 1 month if I can take that much time off...so I did. I have a major neuro disorder so they are taking all possible precautions and are all going to monitor my rectory closely. This is the first time I've had a surgical procedure done since I had brain surgery in 2010.

How are you all doing today?

Mimi, glad you are able to take the time off that your Dr.'s recommended. Babykins, I am also taking off that amount of time. Surgery next Wednesday and will return to work a week and 1/2 later. I had a weak moment last night and ate 5 tater tots. I baked them for my son and a friend who was spending the night and before I knew it I ate 5. I was so disappointed in myself and they didn't even taste that good. I was so hungry and I should of made my Soup before I made anything for the kids. Today is a new day and I am back on track - still hungry though. Two protien shakes and a bowl of soup a day is not cutting it for me. I just keep telling myself that I only have 5 more days til surgery, I can do this!

How is everyone doing today? The day is almost here ahhhhhhh

We are great tomorrow here i come

Good luck tomorrow ladie :)

I'm okay Anali. Very anxious. I'm not weighing myself until I get to the hospital on Wednesday. I have to be at the hospital at 6:15 (right across the street from my apartment).

What time is your surgery?