Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a little help kick-starting my weight loss!

Hi guys! I went to the doc last week and he says the pounds should just be falling off of me as a teen, and sent me to a nutrionist. The nutritionist was a bunch of boloney and tried to sell me EVERY diet supplement she had for like 50 buck a piece (its $6 at Target, I checked lol). But Ive been this route before with nutritionists, and its just a bunch of crap I didnt fall for it. She didnt say anything helpful, I wanted some daily food ideas and recipes and stuff to get me under 1000 calories a day, but all she did was try to sell me stuff and jabber on about her (at $75 an hour at that!) So MOMS TICKED! Anyways, what I want is some ideas of what I can under a 1000 cals a day. I drink SlimFast for Breakfast (which I like to keep) but I need some lunch ideas since I have to eat out everyday due to I live outta town and have to grab something in 15-25 minutes every day. I bought some low calorie lunchables for those days when my friends go eat something that I cant, but I cant get them down very well. Also I dont want to eat lunch on my own everyday, and if I bring a lunch thats what I would have to do. I cant bring foods into ANY restaurants in town because they will kick me out lol (been there, done that). I just need some help grabbing food (doesnt have to be McDonalds or anything, just normal restaurant food not pertaining to any certain one because we have alotta restaurants here that are locally owned, just some ideas)

Here are my limitations:

Absolutely NO WHITE chicken MEAT

No corn

No rice

No bread

No snacks

Under 1000 calories per serving

No greasy foods

*also I need some good low cal recipes for my mom to use, so if you guys have any please submit, or if you know a good recipe site or book that has good stuff with calories listed please let me know, I really need to get on the right track pllllleaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee......................???????

The insides of a sandwich.

Any kind of fish.

Soups.< /p>

Check out breakgast menus = eggs, oatmeal, lean meats of they offer them.

Etc.

Thanks you guys! I still need more suggestions, but this is helping! I can teat the chicken, I dunno why I try and try and end up in tears no matter how much I chew and chew and chew, it still hurts me sooooooo bad!

sold in HEB-To-go tunafish, fat-free crab salad, salmon pack (by tuna section)

fast food- I like Wendy's chili, salads, baked potato, fish sandwich w/no bread

Just to add some...Shawn

Awww.... I tried Wendy's for the first time like 2 months ago, it was awesome. I wish we had one here, I live in a very VERY small town lol. This will help though..................we have:

McDonald's

KFC

Popeyes

Taco Bell

3 Tex-Mex Restaurants

1 Chinese place (my fave)

1 Hotel restaurant (which I eat pretty healthy there)

hmmmmmmmmmm thats pretty much it taht isnt a buffet.........

Hey Jodie, don't worry, it's really tough for all of us, trust me. I've been told by 3 very successful banders that our bands are only a very useful tool and that the rest is up to us. What the %*#k! You mean I have to DIET? Nooooo! NEVER! However I will change my eating habits and lifestyle, doesn't that sound so much better? It actually does work, just 1 day at a time. The most helpful advice I can offer on eating is to try most anything in very small portions. Our bands allow us to eat only 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time. Try just for a couple of days actually measuring whatever you eat to get your eyes adjusted to the proper amount of food, that seems to be the hardest for me! I want to continue eating because it tastes so good. One successful bander told me this: Order from the children's menu and get a take out box brought out with your food. Divide your food in half before you touch it and then you don't feel cheated. This lady said she never ordered "diet" food and ate pizza, fried chicken nuggets, etc., because that's what she wanted and she has lost 115lbs. and kept it off for 3 years now. I am so incouraged by her honesty and success, it has helped me through many tough days, I hope this helps you too. Take care, see ya!

Hey, could anyone out there tell me if I'm resonding to others on LBT properly? I noticed when I respond to someone else's questions or comments, it gets listed as a new thread and then I get e-mails in response to someone else's needs. I have been going to "post quick reply" at the bottom of the screen to post a response, is this right? Other people's responses are'nt listed as new threads are they? Please help, I don't want anyone else's "thunder" my thighs provide enough thunder for my whole neighborhood. See ya!

Lady in Red - your replies are perfect - no new threads being started. If you don't want your post to be in the thread for everyone to read, you can send a PM to the original poster.

I love your thunder comment!

Hey Jodie, For Mexican try tortilla Soup w/o tortillas (some places add chicken so ask first), mild salsa can be eaten like Soup (a.k.a. gazpacho), order the fajitas but don't eat the flour tortillas, black bean anything (for that matter, any bean---ask for vegitarian refried, the normal kind has lard), salad, etc....

Chinese: mongolian bar-b-q, Soups (egg-drop, hot-n-spicy), beef skewers, almost anything w/o a sweet sauce (sugar)

I like what Lady-in-Red said (oops! rhymed) about eating whatever you want, just watch portion size. This is my plan.

I know this is not what you are looking for but I thought I would ask since I have slow weightloss.

How are your stress levels and are you on any pain meds? Both seem to bring my weightloss to a stop even after having the band for 2.5 yrs now. When I get away from work for a week I start losing weight. Anybody else like this?

Wade

Jodie, I'm not an expert on those fast-food places, but my strategy in restaurants is always to look for an appetizer or entree with a filling--Mexican is obviously best for this, but sandwiches or wraps work too. Then I eat ONLY the filling, which doesn't raise any eyebrows because just about everyone understands an attempt to lower one's carbohydrate intake. :) Chili is always a good bet, too, as is Soup although soup doesn't keep me full as long.

White-meat chicken might be hard but what about deli-sliced meat? If you can try to get sandwiches with thin-sliced meat in them, I'll bet that will be much easier to eat.

Good luck, and nice to see you back here, BTW!

While restaurants don't allow you to bring food in, they will never know if you bring your own salad dressing. Walden Farms make delicious fat-free, no calorie, no carb dressings and are found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. Order a salad that has Protein and garnish with your own dressing.

Have you and your friends ever planned a brown-bag lunch in the park rather than buying out every day? Would your friends agree to one or two days as "bring your food to work" days?

There are tons of recipe sites on the web... just Google low calorie recipes.