Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to lap Band, Pain Queries!!

:clap2: Hi everyone well its now been one week since ive been banded and i guess i just over worry but im still in pain especially near the port area,its like a sharp pain! and it doesnt seem to be fading away!am i just over paranoid? it also still hurts when i burp or cough!! i have spent all week in bed relaxing, the food has been going down well although the fullness adds to the pain a bit more, but ill cop that!!! can anyone tell me what pains they experienced, did they have trouble sleeping? my back hurts now because of the way i have been sleeping due to the pain. i guess im a big sook!! where is everyone from? im from melbourne, australia and got banded by Dr, Nottle!. hear from you all soon!!!:clap2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

I wa banded 7 weeks ago and my port site is still tender. I think this is true of most people. I live in the US in the west. Had my surgery in Mexico.

As long as it doesnt seem infected, I probrably wouldn't worry. You will notice many weird aches and pains over the coming months. It all passes with time.

I was just coming on here to ask basically the same thing. I am also a week out from surgery and have a burning or sharp pain in the port area. :scared: It is worse now then just a few days ago. I am going to give it a week and then go in to the doctor if it doesn't fade. Like I said, I was better 3 days ago.

Heather

Phili~ I think everyone feels the port pain for a while. I think mine was tender for about 2 weeks. i am 5 weeks out today and i don't have any pain at all. hang in there, it will get better. makes you think the ole "what the hell did I do" thoughts. I promise, it does get better!

I had pain in that area for a little while after surgery. I really think it was the muscle they had to go through. I just recently moved the wrong way while holding my 2 year old and it felt like I hurt that muscle again. It was soe for about two days and went away again. Dont worry it will get better. Your muscle just has to heal. Good luck to you. JJB

thank you for replying to all that have, i guess it does make me feel a bit better knowing that others feel similar or have felt similar pains to myself . i know i wont feel 100% better within myself until its all gone. i hope everyone is wel and happy and will see you all on here again soon!!

Thank you thank you thank you.... I am 7 days out and spent all day "crying and thinking" What the hell did I do.......... You have given me hope. For the last 3 days I have had liquid diarearia(sp) and am feeling very week. Any suggestions. Thanks,

I am post-op day 9 and still cannot turn onto my left side. I have been able to turn to the right but only for the last 2 nights and some pain is involved in that also. The port site is still bruised, swollen and very tender. Everyone heals at a different rate... just make sure you get in all the required Protein daily to facilitate the healing process.

It's very common for the port area to be sore for up to a week or 2. Remember, that they sewed it to muscles and those muscles will be sore. Muscles are vascular (have lots of blood flow) which accounts for the bruising. Any movement of those muscles will remind them, and you, that they've been messed with. That includes burping, coughing and turning as you sleep. Also, since you're possibly sleeping in a different position than you did pre-op (to protect your surgical areas) your back is probably sore from the unusual position. Take it one day at a time. Don't be afraid to take a little tylenol and as time goes by, you'll notice that you're back to normal----with a kicker, you'll be a new you.

Good Luck,

:clap2: Hi everyone well its now been one week since ive been banded and i guess i just over worry but im still in pain especially near the port area,its like a sharp pain! and it doesnt seem to be fading away!am i just over paranoid? it also still hurts when i burp or cough!! i have spent all week in bed relaxing, the food has been going down well although the fullness adds to the pain a bit more, but ill cop that!!! can anyone tell me what pains they experienced, did they have trouble sleeping? my back hurts now because of the way i have been sleeping due to the pain. i guess im a big sook!! where is everyone from? im from melbourne, australia and got banded by Dr, Nottle!. hear from you all soon!!!:clap2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
i experienced all the same pain and it lasted around a week

if you still feel sore go back and see peter

if you need to ask me any questions feel free as i was banded by peter as well:)

hope u feel betta soon

I just got banded on Wednesday, 4/5. I was amazed at how simple the surgery was. I had a hernia (apparently a good-sized one) that was repaired at the same time, so just doing that is an improvement.

I have a couple of questions, tho. First, just as I was leaving the clinic and got to the hotel just a few blocks away, I suddenly got very sick to my stomach and threw up (fortunately, not in the car!). I was immediately taken back to the clinic and given a shot of dramamine, which settled everything. The next day I took another dramamine as a precaution prior to flying home. My question is whether it is likely that I displaced or did something bad to the band when I was sick. I don't have any exceptional amount of pain or difficulty drinking liquids.

My second question is about the post-surgery liquid diet. According to the info I got, I am not supposed to be hungry, but I AM! I also seem to be having some moderate, but continuous, acid indigestion. I am not dizzy or feeling like I need to throw up again, but unless I keep drinking continuously, my stomach is feeling irritated.

I am glad to see that others are having the same "What did I do?" thoughts that I am now entertaining every time I smell pizza or about any solid food! LOL

Penny

Hi Elisabethsew, I'm 10 days post banded and you are not alone as I sleep flat on my back right now because I am too bruised and tender. Turns out my blood was thin so I turned pretty purple on the tummy. Use a pillow...it helped me for a short time today. Thanks for the Protein tip. I don't always get enough. Stelis2

i am feeling better and better now also knowing others are very similar to me! being my first operation i guess i freaked out!wow alot of peolpe have the similar pain huh?! im starting to feel better,i tell you as soon as my tummy is no longer sore i am goingto get a massage on my back because it is so sore from sleeping on my back and trying to move around!! its now been nine days and i have decided to go back to work but to still take it easy,thank you again so much to everyone that has answered and still answering, im glad that they have this site because its like an online doctor and informer and q&a for me!! how about for others?