Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, it's been 48 hours since my surgery....I've been in bed all day and i was feeling fine. Until i got out of bed and started to feel very nauseous....I'm terrified to vomit. What do i do!?!?

Help' date=' it's been 48 hours since my surgery....I've been in bed all day and i was feeling fine. Until i got out of bed and started to feel very nauseous....I'm terrified to vomit. What do i do!?!?[/quote']

Have you taken your medicine, it will help for sure.

The only medicine he gave me was liquid loratab

If you weren't given anything for nausea, call your doctor immediately. He can call a script in for you. Even if you have to call their after hours number- do it. Vomiting so soon after surgery is very dangerous and you need to avoid it at all cost.

Best wishes to you and feel better.

If you weren't given anything for nausea, call your doctor immediately. He can call a script in for you. Even if you have to call their after hours number- do it. Vomiting so soon after surgery is very dangerous and you need to avoid it at all cost.

Best wishes to you and feel better.

I agree with Missy! Call now!

Nausea is also a symptom of dehydration; I ended up in the hospital because I did not recognize this.

Though I was nauseous, I had to force myself to continue to SIP Water frequently. Frequent sipping of Water and IV infusion did make the nausea resolve.

And your doctor should have given you medication for nausea in addition to the pain meds, which also could be a cause of your nausea. I had a motion sickness patch which was prescribed for me that I had to apply 12 hours prior to my surgery. It worked well, and immediately post op I did not experience any nausea.

Best wishes...I hope you feel better fast!

I have a little patch behind my right ear but i don't know how long it will last

I have a little patch behind my right ear but i don't know how long it will last

I remember from our most recent cruise that I had to change the patch every 72 hours. Post op, I was instructed to remove it after the 72 hours had passed. My prescription for my band surgery was only for 1 patch.

I had the patch also and I had to remove it on Thursday, ( I had my surgery on Wednesday) it was making me sick. Once I took it off my stomach felt better within an hour, but you should have medicine for nausea as well. You should call your doctor because you don't want to vomit.

Also I think you are missing some medicine not sure if every Dr. is the same but I got 3 prescriptions. One for pain, one for nausea, and an antibiotic, call your doctor and double check.

I was also given a prescription for Prilosec which helps to protect the stomach. At this early stage the stomach must be treated like an small egg.

I was given chewable gravol, but never had to use it. If you can't get to your doctor, that may help in the meantime.

Have you been taking pain meds? The surgery and as Sojourner mentioned dehydration or even pain meds could cause that.

Yea I was given pain and children's Tynenol and nausea. CALL!

I'm taking peptides bismal tablets whenever i need to and it has been helping