Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Losing More Than 50% Needed Weightloss

So I went to the seminar by the doc who does the procedure... This is required by my dr and insurance. Next is psych. The ball is moving slowly but.... In the seminar he said the lap band usually only allows for about 50% of wanted weight loss?! Any thoughts?!

I have lost more than the 50% since May 24th.

I have lost more than 50% of my excess weight.

So I went to the seminar by the doc who does the procedure... This is required by my dr and insurance. Next is psych. The ball is moving slowly but.... In the seminar he said the lap band usually only allows for about 50% of wanted weight loss?! Any thoughts?!

well I weighed 377 and now I weigh 162. I have lost more than 50% but it is because I tracked every morsel, weighed out my portions and counted every calorie I ate and learned how to live with my banded. Maybe in his experience people just don't put forth the effort.

well I weighed 377 and now I weigh 162. I have lost more than 50% but it is because I tracked every morsel' date=' weighed out my portions and counted every calorie I ate and learned how to live with my banded. Maybe in his experience people just don't put forth the effort.[/quote']

My dr explained it better at my first appointment. He said that they are able to move the scale by 11 BMI with minimal effort by the patient ( besides not eating slider foods) which is usually around 50% of wl desired. If the patient is not dedicated to a real change in the head then the rest will not come off.

My dr explained it better at my first appointment. He said that they are able to move the scale by 11 BMI with minimal effort by the patient ( besides not eating slider foods) which is usually around 50% of wl desired. If the patient is not dedicated to a real change in the head then the rest will not come off.

interesting stats on the BMI....My dr said the band will do 70% of the work. He told me I had to do the other 30% by eating proper portions and making smart food choices. I personally do not think the band works on its own until we are in the green zone. And then you will only lose if you kick in the 30% effort.

interesting stats on the BMI....My dr said the band will do 70% of the work. He told me I had to do the other 30% by eating proper portions and making smart food choices. I personally do not think the band works on its own until we are in the green zone. And then you will only lose if you kick in the 30% effort.

I heard that too. 30% effort to my doc is minimal. Don't eat sliders, walk a little, eat only 1 c at a time, take Vitamins. The green zone was the point my dr was making. They would take you to the green zone, get 11bmi drop. Your determination to get the rest off is then up to you. He says usually two years to get the 50% weight off using this program. Of course, exercising more, eating that 1 c. Of healthy foods and fixing the head hunger early on will speed up the process.

I have lost more than 50% of needed weight, but like some of the others have posted, I worked by butt off. I measured, chewed, exercised and learned new ways of living with food. It is a hard journey, but I am close to losing 100% of what I wanted to lose and never felt better. Lap Band is very dependent on patient compliance, and you don't have to read a lot of posts on here to figure that out. Educate yourself as much as possible, invest in some books, and starting trying out Protein Shakes and powders for you know what you like up front. I love Unjury products available online. Good luck on your journey, we are all different. Come back and post your status often. We can all learn from one another.

I have lost more than 50% of needed weight' date=' but like some of the others have posted, I worked by butt off. I measured, chewed, exercised and learned new ways of living with food. It is a hard journey, but I am close to losing 100% of what I wanted to lose and never felt better. Lap Band is very dependent on patient compliance, and you don't have to read a lot of posts on here to figure that out. Educate yourself as much as possible, invest in some books, and starting trying out Protein shakes and powders for you know what you like up front. I love unjury products available online. Good luck on your journey, we are all different. Come back and post your status often. We can all learn from one another.[/quote']

And you look amazing!

I've lost about 91% of my excess in about 14 months. I followed --and still follow-- the rules. My dr said the same re: 50%. From what I've read on here, there are at least 50% of the people who either don't understand the rules or do not choose to follow them. It is a great, great tool but you must be willing to change your life forever. I am thrilled with my results and am continuing to lose (more slowly) to find the best "normal" for me. You can do it! Good luck!