Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kiss Splenda Good-Bye!!

For those of us that really enjoy Splenda as a sugar substitute in drinks and such, I just heard on the news it has been pulled from all the shelves. They are saying "it is potentially dangerous"...hmmmmmmm why is it that everything we like is potentially dangerous? I wonder if they are including the soft drinks and everything else that is sweetened with Splenda. It has been the best substitute for sugar I've found. I can't even begin to imagine what health problems they are going to say it is causing. They merely stated it has been pulled from the shelves. Bummer...major Bummer!!

That is a bummer!!!

They should just post warning on box and let the consumer decide whether we want to risk it or not!! Just like they did with Sweet & Low.

What?! Tell me more. Where do I find more about this. I LOVE splenda, it's the only sugar substitute that I'll use. What do I do? (full blown panic-freak out mode here).

I'd heard that was coming. As you can guess, this was a hot topic on an Atkins diet MB I used to frequent. Here was one alleged catalyst to the efforts to have Splenda pulled.

Splenda, and any other artificial sweetners, always cause my weightloss to stall big time. :ban:

I just bought the large box ( 700 count box ).They will have alot to pull, as so many things are made with Splenda.

I sure hope that this doesn't happen.

HHHHMMM- are they going to pull food too? Food can kill you too if you take to much of it - don't they now that?!

Most of us here are living proof - I would probably die by overeating if I didn't have my band- so what's a little splenda? Get real FDA and take out fast food joints. (Evil gggggggggggg)

Please tell me that it is not so,:ban: now what am I going to drink. I gave up diet cokes,:faint: and now I am drinking flavored waters that are sweeten with splenda. oh, no, I think I will run to costco and buy all that they have to keep me going.

Does anyone have the low down onthis - I must be WAAAYYYY out of the loop -- dangerous how????? Like saccharine or something more immediate?

Question, I have read (can't remember where now) that the body can't distinguish between sugar and artificial sweeteners and responses the same way. Is that true? Can we just limit the amount of sugar we intake and it will have the same effect? Does anyone remember reading anything on this?

Roberta

figure this happens .. last night with dinner at a restaurant I had some splenda in my iced tea and loved ... such my luck

Can't really say I'm surprised. I had all kinds of weird things that disappeared as soon as I started drinking Water only and swore off the sweetener we affectionately call "the yellow packets of death" I only miss it sometimes =)

I just heard on the news it has been pulled from all the shelves. They are saying "it is potentially dangerous".!!

Where did you hear that? I check a Seattle TV site and also cnn.com. I couldn't find anything.

It was on ABC News here tonight. Quite a spiel about it being pulled from the shelves. They didn't mention what caused the product to be pulled, except there were what they described as "severe" problems with it. I'm wondering now what they do about all of the things on the market that are sweetened with Splenda. I'm sure you will hear more about it. If it was on National TV it has to be the truth.

CNN is reporting that "Citizens for Health" wants it pulled. But they want a lot of other stuff pulled to.

Its not pulled yet.

I'll give up my Splenda when the size of my butt is no longer the dictating factor in my life as to wheither I live or die.