Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question I Should Know The Answer To!

OK, don't yell at me, I used to know the answer but forgot so I need to ask you guys...

Other than to prevent dehydration, why do I need to drink so much Water? Does it help in losing weight?

OK, don't yell at me, I used to know the answer but forgot so I need to ask you guys...

Other than to prevent dehydration, why do I need to drink so much Water? Does it help in losing weight?

i wont let anyone YELL at you crazy girl.

i find it helps me but you will get all sorts of answers to your question.

but i will only answer for me.

it helps me as if i am hungry, i drink and i find if i am not hungry but thirsty.

i drink alot and it def keeps me from (munching/grazing).

so if you thirsty, drink.

like a baby. if they are hungry or thirsty, they cry and fuss and when

their tummies are full, they push the bottle or spoon away.

yep, works for me.

I am a bad Water drinker but I remember that I was told it helps in losing weight and sometimes when we are dehydrated it makes us think it hunger so we eat when we don t really need to be...learning to do it again myself have a bottle in my car, one by my bed for first thing in the morning and one at my desk at work...

Like you said - it helps keep you hydrated, you aren't taking in as much food and food contains Water so you need to get it from the Water. 2 it does help you stay full longer. 3. it helps flush salt from your body, you may not eat a lot, but it doesn't take much to cause water weight gain. The water helps delute the salt and your kidneys flush it out.

I have also heard that it helps up your metabolism, but that wasn't from a doctor so I am not so sure I believe it.

I'm like CG, I drink when my head is playing games with my stomach. If I think I'm hungry and I shouldn't be. I drink. Now I am no fan of Water, so I keep a huge stash of Crystal Light/Diet Snapple packets in my desk drawer.

just a FYI when I go out for drink with the old man i ask for a Water with a shot of apple vodka then add a crystal light peach to it...its yummy and low calorie...

just a FYI when I go out for drink with the old man i ask for a Water with a shot of apple vodka then add a crystal light peach to it...its yummy and low calorie...

i think i wuvs you......

I am pretty awesome.... :)

That sounds awesome!

I am pretty awesome.... :)

That you are! :D

Hi Polly,

You asked the right girl here!! LOLOL Okay seriously, I am considered a 'water holic' if there ever was, I would be the first on line to sign up for recovery. hehhaaaa

Okay, added on to what CG said, there are TONS of reasons you should be drinking Water, just not to keep hydrated. But most importantly it "functions' our vital organs, like our kidneys and liver. Water is the bodys most important nutrient. And like CG said it 'fills her up' when she drinks it because she is right, water acts as a natural appetite suppressant.

Now, for vanity reasons you should want to drink plenty of it because it does wonders for the skin. Yes, drinking lots of water can help with aging, lines, and dry skin.

Well, you asked for it, and I hope I gave you the answers you were looking for, LOLOL

(now, go drink some water).....

Yes yes and yes. :)

had two last night I think it works well because I am not feeling totally deprived and I got two more waters in..