Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Going To Starve To Death??

Ok, ok. Maybe a little dramatic, but I feel like I'm hungry All. The. Time. I eat about 1200 calories a day (I keep track on My Fitness Pal), and am pretty active. I get up at 4:30 a.m., and go to bed between 9 and 9:30 at night. I try to workout a couple times a week. I eat meals regularly. I've emailed and met wiht the nutritionist through my surgeon's office, and she says she promises I won't starve to death, but I'm miserable. I showed her what I was eating and she said it all looked great. We just discussed on Monday maybe shifting some of the food I eat to earlier in the day, but usually by 3 p.m., I'm ready to rip everyone's heads off from being crabby and hungry.

I got banded 6/27/12, and have had 3 fills totalling 3.5 cc in a 10 cc band.

Any suggestions? Thanks, all!

post-344284-13813140493793_thumb.png

hmmm...my very first fill was 4 cc in a 10-cc band. That was at 4 weeks postop. 2 days before my fill, I was ravenous! Could NOT get full! Since the fill, no real hunger...at least not yet. I know that when I feel that hunger again, back I go for another fill. Can you talk to your doctor about getting another fill now?

well, the band wont help will not being hungry but will help us feel (full).

are you getting enough Protein in? when i am hungry, i eat. (not head hunger) but really hungry, i eat some Protein.< /p>

maybe you can spread out your meals/snacks to go throughout the day to help w/being hungry later in the day.

i think you are doing great. i am so happy for you :)

I agree about the protein! It really helps you feel more satisfied. The more fills you get, the more you will feel full. Hang in there!

I came out of or with 4 cc in and have had 2 fill 1 cc each and I need another. I don't think you have enough in your band or you wouldn't b hungry. The band is there so we don't feel as hungry I have 10 cc band. line dancer

You need another fill.

I am too tight right now, and am not getting enough calories, but I am not hungry, just unsatisfied.

Talk with your doctor about getting another fill. If you are battling physical hunger then your band is too loose. You should be satisfied for 3-4 hours after each meal.

Good luck to you.

It sounds like you don't have adequate Fluid in your band yet so you're really physically hungry sooner than you should be. I know it's hard now, but it does get so much easier once you do have adequate fills.

Before I was in the Green Zone, I found focusing just on calories and portions to be the trick. For instance, I knew there was no way in the world I was going to make it on 3 meals a day without being crazy hungry. So, I spread my calories through the day allowing me to eat every two hours. I made sure my meals were always a cup or less of food, but I had about 6 a day rather than 3. For me, it worked. I was able to continue losing despite not having good restriction yet without being crabby starving.

I also made sure to really load up on Protein because it keeps you full longer. For my Snacks, I'd have stuff like cottage cheese, string cheese, pistachios, or even a piece of lunch meat. I don't restrict carbs but I do know Protein is key towards fighting hunger.

Best wishes.

I agree another fill....she may have just been a bit relaxed with the first couple..so I would suggest getting another fill,and yes keep your liquids up and start with your protein..A few months after a fill my stomach seems to swell I think and get relaxed..liquids for a day usually helps tighten things back up..

You probably don't have enough Fluid in your band So why wait call Drs office and get more...I use to think I would starve to death too until someone said at my current weight it couldn't happen for a long time :wacko: not what I wanted to here.

You are eating exaxctly what they recommend so just stay the course. So much of our hunger is head and mouth hunger. Do you like spicy hot food? ?

If so save some of that food for a snack of something hot/spicey it makes your mouth satisfied. A hot snack does it for me hot chicken broth, in a cup , hot chocolate Swiss Miss 10 cals with whipped topping.

I like Missys idea 6 smaller. But whatever you do do not start cheating . I promise you you will not starve. This is how it worked for me, I'd get a fill and not be hungry 3 weeks in I'd get hungry, then I get a fill and not be hungry until I got to 5cc in a 10 for me that was perfect, I had to remember to eat just do it because you are getting enough food.

Oh Sister, I'm with ya! I was banded on 9/27 and have 3cc's in my 10cc band....that's why I call my band Bon Qui Qui! ;)

Is there anyway your Doc can put some more cc's in that puppy???

I also agree with UP your Protein intake; I add one scoop of Unjury *unflavored* protetin to each of my 3 main meals . . . it helps

Possibly up your Protein or consider maybe a 1/4cc fill just to take edge off. I remember feeling that way and I drank more crystal light and other zero calorie beverages. If it is not head hunger and you ate actually feeling hungry, you may not be in your green zone.

To answer your inquiry wifeoffireman.Try to practice to not think too much about your lapband and diet.Plus you need to get to know your body again.This is a whole new ball game.Eat the right foods when you're hungry.Keep an eye on your caloric input and output.Youll probably do better than me.If you practice these techniques.Im a guy.ive never been any good at counting calories.i would eat everything.I can't eat everything now.i eat to live nowadays.

I agree with the others about checking your band fill.That too..lol.