Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Buddy Under 40

I was banded 09/14/12 and am 29 years old. The only people I have met in the support groups that have had lap band are over 70 years old and are having completely different issues than me. I would love to chat with someone young that is going through or has gone through what I have gone through. I think the reason why I don't know of anyone in my age group that has had Lap band is because we keep it a secret for the most part and the seniors love to share. Any who- if you are under 40 and have had lap band, feel free to comment or private message me. I would love someone to talk to. Have a great day!

I was banded on 10/31/12 so I'm 5 days post op. I'm 25.

I was banded 11/1 and 25 also. It seems to be an older crowd on here

I was banded 11/1 and 25 also. It seems to be an older crowd on here

It sure is! How are you feeling? I still felt like crap 10 days in but I had some complications. All is well now and I've lost about 18 pounds since pre-op diet until now. I wish it would come off a little faster but at least I know it's coming off. I'm getting my 2nd fill on Monday and I'm excited to start losing a little faster. Yay!

I've only lost 12 pounds. But I won't get my first fill until the 6 week mark. I'm healing good just sore around the big incision.

Well done to you "young ones" for taking control so early too many of us waited for whatever reason and suffered longer than we needed to.

I've probably lost around 15, no fill yet either. I actually went out last night to a bar and took a sip of wine and it was disgusting! I tried a sip of red and white and it was gross! I don't know of my taste buds have changed or it's too soon to tell. I love wine though or I used to, so upsetting! Haha

I am 25. I was banded on October 25. Ok am down. 18 pounds since surgery. I gained back 3 pounds when I started the mushie stage.

I'm 35 7 days post op and yes you are right I've only told hubby n mom of course favorite aunt and two best friends. So far so good. I started pre op on 10/21 as of today I'm down 17lbs. Ready to start working out something I thought I would never say, but since I'm young I know I can get my body to hopefully tighten so I won't have to have a Tummy Tuck. My hubby and I are planning my 13 yr wedding anniversary trip and I wanna look fabulous for the first time ever in a swimsuit since we've been married. Hoping and planning to go to Hawaii

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

It sure is! How are you feeling? I still felt like crap 10 days in but I had some complications. All is well now and I've lost about 18 pounds since pre-op diet until now. I wish it would come off a little faster but at least I know it's coming off. I'm getting my 2nd fill on Monday and I'm excited to start losing a little faster. Yay!

You are 10 days post op and already on your second fill? My first fill is 12/7.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

i am 27 and was banded on 11/1/11 i have lost nearly 80 lbs and i am 2 lbs away from being in onederland... let me know if there are any ?s you have im not an expert but ill try to help!

i am 27 and was banded on 11/1/11 i have lost nearly 80 lbs and i am 2 lbs away from being in onederland... let me know if there are any ?s you have im not an expert but ill try to help!

Did you gain weight when you changed liquid to mushie foods?

I was banded 09/14/12 and am 29 years old. The only people I have met in the support groups that have had lap band are over 70 years old and are having completely different issues than me. I would love to chat with someone young that is going through or has gone through what I have gone through. I think the reason why I don't know of anyone in my age group that has had Lap band is because we keep it a secret for the most part and the seniors love to share. Any who- if you are under 40 and have had lap band' date=' feel free to comment or private message me. I would love someone to talk to. Have a great day![/quote']

I was one person who told anyone who would listen. Lol I've always been overweight so I wasn't about to try and hide my surgery. I'm 30 yrs old. I was banded 2/1/12 and I've lost 90 lbs. I'm one of those few that did it without a fill. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me

I was one person who told anyone who would listen. Lol I've always been overweight so I wasn't about to try and hide my surgery. I'm 30 yrs old. I was banded 2/1/12 and I've lost 90 lbs. I'm one of those few that did it without a fill. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me

How did you do it without a fill? Did you never get a fill?