Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Start Seeing Serious Results?

I'm 4 weeks post op and getting my first fill tomorrow. I feel kinda of discouraged about my weight loss thus far. Most of the weight pre-op and post op is Water weight. Am I being impatient? Am I still healing? Are my expectations unrealistic? I'm exercising and eating 3 meals a day weighed and measured of clean food. No junk. When does the real weight loss kick in?

Be patient. You didn't gain all this weight overnight, so it's not going to drop off overnight either. Yes you are still healing. I don't know what you think "real weight loss" is but with the band the average is 1-2 pounds a week. What do you mean by "clean food"? How much Protein do you eat? Veggies? Calories??

I eat 1200 calories a day (about 70g of protein), I log my food using the app myfitnesspal it keeps me honest. I exercise about 30 minutes a day (walking) and I've had consistent weight loss for the last 9 months. I average 1-2 pounds a week.

Good luck on your journey.

It's a slow process to lose weight properly. Maintain a positive attitude on your new journey. Slow with everything and then build your exercise up a bit each week. Watch what you eat and log all food you put in your mouth. You must know what you're eating and the calories of each item.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Real weight loss=fat loss, not Water weight. Clean food= no sugar, flour, nothing packaged or processed food. Foods in their original state. I'm not counting calories. I eat 3 meals no Snacks weighed and measured portions. I agree logging my food is important.

From what I have read you need to count your calories and only eat about 1 cup of food at a time..

I do eat 1 cup of food at a time. For instance for breakfast I have 6 oz 0% fage, 1/4 cup berries, 1/3 cup of oatmeal.< /p>

Are you getting enough Protein? about 100ng a day is what I see that most think is the number that works for them. I would count your claories you maybe eating more of them than you think you are, they add up fast.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things, you'll notice as you get more fills and closer to the green zone you'll probably eat less than your cup of food per meal. Some of the weight is Water loss the rest is fat. I eat clean unprocessed foods too and I don't calorie count, I Portion Control ( and before anyone jumps up and down, I've been to my nutritionists seminars that teach about portion control and no need to count calories, thank goodness). Just be patient and the weight will start dropping, some weeks slower than other weeks but in the end it all adds up.

You may want to count calories just for a few weeks to be certain youre in the right calorie range.

drinks lots of water too.

We all get that looking slightly better kind of result that we've achieved a zillion times from losing 20lb.

for me, I had about 80lb to lose, at a BMI of 35 and I swear, I had to lose at least HALF thatut the downside is before I could really notice that clothes were simply too big for me. I carry weight very evenly and I'm tall, so maybe I didnt look as fat as I really was, it wasnt really noticeable when I lost it either.

Serious results to me meant tops becoming too big. I'd create an inch or two's breathing room in pants all the time, but never lost enough weight to lose of arms, shoulders etc. When I realised that I simply couldnt wear my shirts and tshirts and stuff anymore because the shoudler seams were at my elbows, that was an awesome feeling!

I have lost 20 lbs since the pre-op diet and don't see much of a difference. I couldn't calories before and I really don't want to now! Counting calories feels like being on a diet. I weigh and measure my food so I don't have to count calories. I"m going to meet with my nut.

I have lost 20 lbs since the pre-op diet and don't see much of a difference. I couldn't calories before and I really don't want to now! Counting calories feels like being on a diet. I weigh and measure my food so I don't have to count calories. I"m going to meet with my nut.

one question, have you lost inches?

are you wearing smaller sized clothes?

are you feeling better?

if you answered yes, then the band is doing its job. just because the scale isnt showing a number loss that you so want, it does not mean its not working. sounds like you are doing just great.

one question, have you lost inches?

are you wearing smaller sized clothes?

are you feeling better?

if you answered yes, then the band is doing its job. just because the scale isnt showing a number loss that you so want, it does not mean its not working. sounds like you are doing just great.

carolinagirl - you are such an inspiration to me. Your posts are so informative and encouraging. You are amazing and I hope I get the chance to have the success that you have achieved.

carolinagirl - you are such an inspiration to me. Your posts are so informative and encouraging. You are amazing and I hope I get the chance to have the success that you have achieved.

shel, that is super super nice of you to take a moment and write that.i so appreciate that. i feel sometimes my no holds barred comments/postings may offend some but i like to know what is real and what is BS you know.

you WILL be successful and you already are.

stay positive and follow your dr's orders are the only tips/hints/suggestions i can offer anyone. let the band work by helping it. you can do it.

much love :)

I saw rapid weight loss once I incorporated excersize along w counting calories.

I just left my surgeons office I was supposed to have my first fill today. I found out 2 cc were put in my 10 cc band at surgery which explains why I'm not hungry. I've lost 3.5 lbs in 3 weeks with just walking. My surgeon said this is excellent as most patients gain weight after surgery. I got clearance to lift weights YAY! I'm satisfied with this, as long as I'm losing its all good.