Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

My surgery was Thursday, 10/18, and I'm really struggling. I guess I just want to see if this is normal, and if it is, I can deal with it. I've just never felt this bad before. The gas is bad, yes, but my biggest complaint right now is that my entire body hurts. I'm very weak and having lots of trouble moving around. It's like I worked out really hard and now I'm sore. But like I said, it's my whole body.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Molly

You just had your body wiggled, snipped and jiggled all over. I took the pain meds from doc for the 1st week and tried to sleep a lot. Getting up hourly and walking for 5 mins along with gasx strips should alleviate the gas pains but the pain just takes meds and time. Good luck.

I felt like I had the flu. Like above, I too took my pain meds for the first week, slept a lot and rested. I did try and walk some (around the house to try and work out the gas) this will help some. Also Gas X will help. Glad I was able to stay with my mom for the first couple of weeks, it was hard on me. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

Yup! That's how I felt. I thought I was never going to come out of it, but by day 6 I turned a corner and felt so much better. Rest, walk, sip your fluids, take your meds, and repeat.

No, I didn't feel like that but that just goes to show that we are all different and we all react to the surgery differently. Hope you are feeling better shortly.

Hope you're feeling better soon! Best wishes!!

Hi everyone!

My surgery was Thursday' date=' 10/18, and I'm really struggling. I guess I just want to see if this is normal, and if it is, I can deal with it. I've just never felt this bad before. The gas is bad, yes, but my biggest complaint right now is that my entire body hurts. I'm very weak and having lots of trouble moving around. It's like I worked out really hard and now I'm sore. But like I said, it's my whole body.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Molly[/quote']

Hi if youve seen any of my posts you will see you are def not alone. Im also dealing with emotional feelings that have hit me really hard. I think my meds are a little screwed up and i know my hormones are out of whack too. We just have to hang tough and Im told it dies get better!

Hi everyone!

My surgery was Thursday' date=' 10/18, and I'm really struggling. I guess I just want to see if this is normal, and if it is, I can deal with it. I've just never felt this bad before. The gas is bad, yes, but my biggest complaint right now is that my entire body hurts. I'm very weak and having lots of trouble moving around. It's like I worked out really hard and now I'm sore. But like I said, it's my whole body.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Molly[/quote']

Totally normal. I didn't feel myself until day 5.

Hi, I had surgery on 10/16...many of same feelings...cannot underestimate the effects of anesthesia...also, I'm pretty sure that I was the goalie in an ice hockey game while under general...or I was the puck :unsure: ! Walking helps...sitting aggravated me. I went shopping and pushed a cart around.

I am 5 weeks post op and I felt the same also. I promise it will get better. I felt like I would never have any energy and some days I still feel tired. Good luck!

I had no real pain at all outside the normal pain where they cut me open. No gas or shoulder pain either. Perhaps because I had a very experienced surgeon (with over 5000 surgeries) that could explain my lack of pain and no gas/shoulder pain. Not sure...just guessing...Or ...it could be that the many prayers that were prayed for me before surgery were answered :)

Was talking to my brother's surgeon and he said that some feel more pain then others (especially around the area where they put the band) because some surgeons are not efficient when placing the band around the patients stomach. In his explanation, when they place the band around the stomach area, the instruments can touch or nick the area around the top part of the stomach...which is the reason some have more pain then others. Take it for what it is worth...but this is what he said.

The biggest frustration for me personally was the nausea from anesthesia and when they pulled the catheter out of me. I squealed like a little dog :)

I had mine on 10/18 also, same doc as marketing dude (even rode to the airport with him, that's where I met him). I have some pain and gas and shoulder pain but walking helps tremendously. Just walk slow around your home every bit helps. Everybody is different and you will be great in no time!

Hi everyone!

My surgery was Thursday, 10/18, and I'm really struggling. I guess I just want to see if this is normal, and if it is, I can deal with it. I've just never felt this bad before. The gas is bad, yes, but my biggest complaint right now is that my entire body hurts. I'm very weak and having lots of trouble moving around. It's like I worked out really hard and now I'm sore. But like I said, it's my whole body.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Molly

congrats on your surgery

you just had major surgery so yeah, your body is like wtf???

around day 8 for me i was feeling about 100%

just rest, sip and sip and manage your pain with the meds they gave you if you need to

hang in there, it will get better :)

The gas is quite normal, it felt like I was having a heart attack. But with time it will get better, but you do have to get up and walk around to get the gas out of your body.

You are not alone. It's all normal indeed. Just wait until you see how great you feel once you recover!