Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT HELP How do you get pee smell out of carpet???

Ok my little 4 year old had an accident on the carpet - I shampooed the area where he went pee pee but the smell is still there.. YUCK

What else can I use??? I scrubed it by hand this morning using Pine Sol and it is still there..

I like the Resolve Foam - I think it works well on odors. Good luck! :confused:

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Vinigar works well to but you have the smell of vinigar for a while. I have dumped vinigar on a pet acciddent and then went over and picked it up with my rinse and vac. I just kept putting Water down and picking it back up till it came out. Hope this helps.

arm in hammer (the little yellow box) is great for getting it out!! We use it on pet stains and on kid stains. Also, if you go to lowes they carry a line of industrial strength cleaning supplies by the name if DEP. their high traffic carpet stain remover is a miracle worker!! It is much better than the basic stuff you get from the grocery store. Works on every stain.

The best - IMO - at the pet store you can buy a product called Nature's Miracle. It's an active enzyme odor remover, meaning it doesn't just clean/mask the odor, but it actually dissolves it out of the carpet. It's what we used when housebreaking our puppy. It will actually work on any biological smell (and even stains). Just blot up what you can, saturate with this stuff, and let it dry. It gets out the dog pee smell 110%. I promise I'm not a salesman, just thrilled I found this when housebreaking the dog. :confused:

http://www.epinions.com/content_21571997316

If you still just want to clean the area afterward, use a little oxi-clean in Water. Works wonders.

I deleted my first reply - cause after I re-read it - it was way too confusing. PLUS, I like Wheetsin's idea better.

Wheetsin, Im going by PetSmart today. Im gonna get some and try it.

Believe me, I have plenty of opportunities for trying a new product :confused:.

Ill let you know how it works.

Enzyme remover is a life saver. Keep it for accidents in bed too.

The arm in hammer someone mentioned above is acutally baking soda.

Get that, or washing soda and sprinkle on top, vacuum out and sprinkle again. SHould help but enzyme remover will definately do the job.

Thank you all. In the mean time I ran home and put pine sol (could not stand the smell) on the spot till I can run to the pet store.. I do happen to have both the vinigar and arm and hammer. Believe me I am going to put everything I can find on it till the smell goes away... thank you all so much

yeah the DEP high traffic carpet cleaner I mentioned actually has the same enzyme in it that natures miracle does. It is what carpet cleaners like Chem-Dry use in their carpet cleaning. It is just stronger and cheaper. Nature's miracle is fabulous, but change the brand and you get a lot of it for less money. they have it in gallon jugs, or spray bottles, and the pray bottles are not concentrate, so you can just spray, let it sit, then dab up.

i really hope you are able to get it out. i know i am sensitive to that smell. I can even tell if DS has a wet diaper ust by the smell in the room.

Amy it's funny how other types of smells get past me but wet diapers or pee pee smells it's like radar..

I agree with the enzymatic pet products, they work well. But I'd probably get the carpet professionally steam cleaned.

Sigh, I gave up on carpet. With 3 kids our carpet was wrecked beyond belief, it was only cheap builders range carpet to begin with that went in when we built the house. It was a pale mushroom pink, how could we have been so naive? It looked like wall to wall pizza when we ripped it out, lol. Now we have a lovely houseful of laminate floorboards, no carpet at all (except in the bedrooms).

I used basically all the above - My sister had some of the Nature stuff and she stopped by the house today and put in on. Even though there was only a slight smell this morning. I am going for NO smell. Will check it out when I get home. Thanks a bunch

We had a horrible cat that pee'd in my closet and then ran away. The only thing that got rid of the smell was using an ozonator (sp?) It's an air purifier that is awesome! I am super sensitive to smells and I love that my house always smells clean when I have it on!

My vote is for the Nature's Miracle. After a few puppies and 2 kids, it has been a lifesaver!! ~ Good Luck ~