Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Hate About The Band

is when you wake up sick with a Migraine or with period cramps! you need to wait a few hours before taking pills! grrr!

i woke up with fever and i had to take liquid children's fever medicine till i can swallow a proper pill. and i can't drink 'plenty of liquids' yet, i can only sip for the next couple of hours. and if i can't lay in bed otherwise i will never be able to eat!

thank god it's a weekend here otherwise i'd be a hellova day!

sorry just needed to vent, otherwise, i love my band :)

why no pills and only sipping Water are you newly banded? use a heating pad or a hot shower on your head then an ice pack works for me every time, no pill ever did as much. gl

line dancer

My doc gave me liquid Vicodin,ask yours. Are you on myfitnesspal.com?

Janner146 - Nevada - Banded 9/12!

thanks Janner! i will ask him the next time.

@linedancer nope, 11 months in and 4 fills. since my 3rd fill i can't eat or drink when i wake up, it eases up after a couple of hours then by 4pm it's all ok. i know that that's pretty normal for the band ecause when ur horisontal ur band sort of slides upwards and takes some time to relax down into its regular position

@linedancer nope' date=' 11 months in and 4 fills. since my 3rd fill i can't eat or drink when i wake up, it eases up after a couple of hours then by 4pm it's all ok. i know that that's pretty normal for the band ecause when ur horisontal ur band sort of slides upwards and takes some time to relax down into its regular position[/quote']

My nutritionist told me to have hot fluids fisrt thing in the morning to "wake up" the band. You should try it. Even a sip of hot tea gets everything going!

I know this is going to sound a little weird, but...

When my son was little, we had to give him Tylenol suppositories. If you're really feeling poorly (and I know first hand about both bad cramps and migraines!), maybe you should look into them. It would be better than putting up with the pain for hours.

Why do u need to wait? I take my Multi Vitamins and sometimes excedrin with my Protein Shake about a half hour after I wake up

@linedancer nope, 11 months in and 4 fills. since my 3rd fill i can't eat or drink when i wake up, it eases up after a couple of hours then by 4pm it's all ok. i know that that's pretty normal for the band ecause when ur horisontal ur band sort of slides upwards and takes some time to relax down into its regular position

I don't htink that when you are horizontal, ie, laying down, your band should be sliding anywhere !!!!!

It is a funny "mind-picture" however....... :huh:

Was going to say if you're band is sliding like that you're in trouble!

The reason why the band tightens overnight is that Fluid settles around the band whilst sleeping. Once you're up and about that Fluid drains away that's why you're so much looser hours later.

i really thought it just relaxes 'upwards' and then just takes it's time to slide down comfortably... But maybe that's just how i explained it to myself for my simple non-doctor mind :P

it just takes a couple of hours to be able to drink and eat normally, my doc said it's normal. sipping on a hot beverage in the morning helps but sometimes you just want that painkiller now, especially with migraines...

I'm sorry to tell you this but your band does not move at all it is stitched into place. If your band is moving then youve got issues

people on this site are weird :unsure:

take things a bit too seriously...

reminds me why i usually avoid this place..

Lap band surgery is no joke.

When you write a post that your band is sliding upwards, or sliding at all, it could be a sign of a serious complication.

The forums are public, so when you post you must expect that there will be replies that you may not like or agree with.

However, that is what you get.

As the other poster said being banded is not a joke. What we all typed was a clarification that the band doesn't move around that way. There have been times I wasn't sure about some things when I was newly banded and reading the forums helped me immensely. Sure there is a lot of wrong info posted and some members will be kind enough to correct us. I'm grateful to those more experienced bandsters, especially when this was so new to me. So if they are weird, including myself so be it, I'm appreciative of the advice and clarifications.

Signed, a weird one!