Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Other Than Me Have To Suffer With People Eating And Cooking in The House Around You, When Clearly You Can't Eat Any Of it. if So, How Do You Cope With it?! i Try To Lock Myself in My Room. Lol.

Yes and it sucks. Plain and simple. Just make what you can eat and make sure you really want it so you dont feel so horrible bc you are eating good food too

starting weight 287.6 current weight 257.4

Yes and it sucks. Plain and simple. Just make what you can eat and make sure you really want it so you dont feel so horrible bc you are eating good food too

How Did You Handle Your First Week! This is Like SUPER Hard To Me!! -___-

my hub, when i was on my pre and post op

bless his heart, ate in the other room

but again, we are stronger than the food

we choose to not eat it and handle the situation

def mind over matter

its hard, but so worth it in the long run

want power....works every time

Keep your eye on the prize. Nothing tastes as good as weight loss feels. Good luck! ;)

I have to cook for my husband and son. It's not easy but I try and think about other things or leave the room.

Tonight I made my husband a buffalo chicken calzone, it was really hard to watch him eat that.

Luckily, my husband has been a team player and has been eating pretty much what I've been eating, and has lost 27 pounds!!!

Also we have so many leftovers nowadays!!

How Did You Handle Your First Week! This is Like SUPER Hard To Me!! -___-

Well i didnt handle it too well i tried to stay away from other ppl eating until i knew what i could and couldnt do. But my hubby abd son ate before i got home so i didnt have to sit and watch

Also, I gave my husband 3 choices:

1. He could eat what I eat.

2. He could cook his own food.

3. Go out and get his food, and eat it there and not bring it home!

I wasn't sure which option he would choose, but I knew it wasn't going to be #2! LOL!! But he's made the right choice and he is reaping the benefits and getting himself prepared for his upcoming Lap-Band surgery.

When your family starts cooking, go for a walk, get away from the temptation. In time it will get easier, let's face it we will always have to learn to say no to temptation.

Good luck.

When your family starts cooking' date=' go for a walk, get away from the temptation. In time it will get easier, let's face it we will always have to learn to say no to temptation.

Good luck.[/quote']

That's A Great idea!! That Way i Will Be Getting My Daily Exercise in, While Saying "No" To The food Drug!! Thanks :))

I like Angela's post- giving her hubby 3 options. I think it's important to elicit the support of the people around you. You wouldn't drink infront of a newly recovering alchoholic and expect them to deal with it. Well, at least I wouldn't. Dealing with temptation can come a little down the road, and hopefully not be in your own house.