Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

discouraged? you can give up....

Amen, Vines. 6 months in here, 4 pounds lost, and IM AM NOT GIVING UP!!!!!

I WONT I WONT I WONT! Thank you! I needed this today.

Thanks Vines!!! I'm down with that challenge. I cannot give up until you do first! (which, hopefully will be never)

Sometimes people post here that they are discourgaged because they are looking for some new ideas... if what you are doing isn't working then you have to keep searching for what will work....

Everyone here knows the defination of insanity right?

<dl> <dt>Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.</dt><dd class="author">Albert Einstein,</dd> </dl>

The thing is don't keep doing what you're doing if it's not working.

I know that Vine's is seeking a fix for a major problem but if the rest of us are slow losers and we have no excuse if we don't keep searching for the way that will work... it might not be to keep doing what you are doing.

My point is I see all of you saying you're not giving up but what are you going to do? Try something different - mix it up a little?

I'm not giving up either! I worked too hard to get this band to give up! :angry

I've lost 5 lbs since 1/31/06. Not scheduled for check-up/fill until 4/24.

IndyPenguin

Cash,

I believe you're right on. I am not losing and I know for a fact that I'm not following the rules verbatim. Period. I do not have thyroid problems nor Cushings disease as another thread is leading people to believe. These types of problems are somewhat rare and if all be told, are slow losers following the rules and exercising? I mean, it's not a judgment thing, just being honest. Let's be real, I know that if I eat exactly right and exercise to achieve my target heart rate 3 times a week, I will probably lose weight. My doctor gave me the instructions and I have not been following them. Plain and simple.

Kelli :)

Woohoo Cashley and Pugmum! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Only when we are ready to accept the truth will we be truly able to change it. Right on ladies. It's always refreshing to hear people who aren't afraid of speaking honestly about why they aren't progressing as they would like. If we all did this, we'd see a huge number of people shouting out happy reports and NSV's every day.

Well my post wasn't really a montra to follow the rules.... it was more a post about if things aren't working then don't just keep doing the same thing over and over blindly. Search for another way....

Every person is different, have different calorie requirements and exercise requirements. If you are only consuming 800 calories plus 1.5 hours of exercise and it's not working then try something new.... maybe try 1200 calories - the anwer isn't always to work harder at "the wrong way"...

I work very very hard at the gym - when I'm on the ellipitical I look around and realize no one is riding it as fast as me.. (the rpm's) so I have to decide do I work harder or smarter.

I don't know the answer but I know what I've been doing for 10 weeks isn't working. So I'm going to try 1200 calories and maybe ride the bike or treadmill instead.

I am not losing and I know for a fact that I'm not following the rules verbatim. Period. I do not have thyroid problems nor Cushings disease as another thread is leading people to believe. These types of problems are somewhat rare and if all be told, are slow losers following the rules and exercising? I mean, it's not a judgment thing, just being honest. Let's be real, I know that if I eat exactly right and exercise to achieve my target heart rate 3 times a week, I will probably lose weight. My doctor gave me the instructions and I have not been following them. Plain and simple.

Fair points Kelli, but what if you were following the rules and you were still not losing?

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean that another thread suggested that you have thyroid or Cushing's? Or that this is an issue with the Turtles? There are not that many Turtles, we are just rather vocal. That doesn't make us a majority, but if the members of the Tribe say they are doing everything and still not losing, then I believe them. I don't doubt them. I tend to take everyone on face value. So just because you are not losing at the rate you want to since you say you are not following the rules, I believe you. But your reality is not mine.

But this thread is not one of my Cushing's rants or a call to action to the Turtles.:speechles This thread is my answer to all the discouraged bandsters out there right now who want to give up, who feel that they are not getting all they expected from the band, for whatever reason.

I'm reading a lot of threads where people feel that they've fallen and cannot get up, who are discouraged a few weeks out, discouraged before they have their first fill, or are disouraged months out of their surgery.

I'm gaining weight again. On 1000 calories, I'm gaining weight again. I'm furious and pissed off and disapointed and a whole host of other emotions that I don't know how to identify. But I know what my problem is, I just have to walk that journey.

Cash was right, and I think understands where I'm trying to go with this, that if one thing doesn't work, then we have to try something else. Mix it up. shake it up. But never give up. Never surrender.

:hungry::faint::faint::faint:

if one thing doesn't work, then we have to try something else. Mix it up. shake it up. But never give up. Never surrender.

Amen! I'm write (right) there with you.

Keeping on keeping on is crucial to any type of change and I applaud your honesty and diligence!

The other part of my post is really none of my business. :)

Kelli

As usual Vines, there you are with the sagest words around propping us all up -- AMEN! Keep on truckin' lady, I know that somehow the Docs will figure out what they're doing and get your weight loss inhibitors under control and then bandland beware! Crystal will probably be at the front of the rabbit pack by sheer determination alone! You are about the strongest person around Vines, and you still have "it" to give to us too! You are truly amazing!

And like someone else here said -- I'm still on the wagon -- I'm hanging by a rope off the back with a big old doughnut in my hand, but I'm in if Vines is in!