Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:::disappointed sigh:::

I just heard from Dr. Cirangle's office in the Bay area and I'm feeling sad and disappointed. I'll get over it soon but may I vent here for a moment?

I was thrilled when I saw last week that such a well-respected gives fills in Templeton (about 45 minutes drive from me). I was even more thrilled when I found out that my new insurance company said that they WOULD pay for my fills even though my surgery was through a previous insurance company years ago.

But Nicole from Dr. Cirangle's office says patients from other surgeons have to pay $2000 a year for post-op care with him. If I was brand new and getting fills once a month, that would make sense financially. But in my case, I've moved to a new state so I'm seeking a new surgeon to check on my band annually and be available for fills as needed. Darn....

Okay, feeling better now :-)

So....has anyone here had fills in Santa Barbara? I see that there are at least two Band surgeons there- Thoman and Bounoua (pronounced Boon'-wah). If you've had experiences with either of them or anyone else on the Central Coast of California, please post here! :-) Thanks in advance!

Oh my goodness, thanks! :-)

Can you tell me more about him?

Hey ElGrande,

Thanks again! I've been trying to learn more about Dr. Billy and it looks like Inamedheated his office as a "Center of Excellence." Impressive!

I go to Dr Thoman in Santa Barbara (across the street from Cottage Hospital). I see him again for my 2nd fill on October 30.

Ooh thank you Rojasanoll!

I'm thinking about attending Dr. Thoman's seminar in Santa Maria this Wednesday the 3rd, to get a "feel" for him.

I'm excited to have options again :-)

Nette,

There is a support meeting at Dr Billys office this Tuesday @ 630 pm

Nette' date='

There is a support meeting at Dr Billys office this Tuesday @ 630 pm[/quote']

Thanks! Is that in Santa Barbara?

No it was in Ventura. I'll get you the schedule or should i say email it to you

No it was in Ventura. I'll get you the schedule or should i say email it to you

Thanks, you're so kind! I asked them on the phone about support groups and they told me to look on the website. I will definitely try at least one of them if they're within driving distance.

Dr. Thoman also speaks in Santa Maria. Here's the site on the seminars. Best wishes

http://www.sbmis.com/news/

Ooh I met Dr. Bounoua and I really like her! Her office was easy to find, there was free parking, but best of all I felt very comfy with her.

She has a beautiful French accent but easily understood everything I said and we communicated well. She asked great questions and was understanding, supportive and encouraging as I gave her honest answers.

Her staff, two bilingual (Spanish/English) young women were kind and efficient.

The only down side was two hours drive to get there and then two hours home. I made a adventure out of it and had good music to listen to but...I'll keep my eyes and ears open for someone closer to home.

I had surgery and all my fills with dr thoman he is great and one of the best I truly recommend him !!