Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Hey Free-to-be - you share band birthdays with junglejim, Murples and Tracyd. Why not send your thoughts and prayers to them the day of your surgery and that gets your mind off of yourself, I'm going to try that myself, I'll being thinking of Kim2bhealthy, 3loves, GreatDame, sisterfunkhaus, and lady29bug. I'm hoping ti will make be feel better and I won't be as nervous....just a thought. Best Wishes to you, You'll be great, and be back soon to tell us all about!!

Hey Free-to-be - you share band birthdays with junglejim, Murples and Tracyd. Why not send your thoughts and prayers to them the day of your surgery and that gets your mind off of yourself, I'm going to try that myself, I'll being thinking of Kim2bhealthy, 3loves, GreatDame, sisterfunkhaus, and lady29bug. I'm hoping ti will make be feel better and I won't be as nervous....just a thought. Best Wishes to you, You'll be great, and be back soon to tell us all about!!

Just wanted to wish this weeks bandster Good Luck and I am sending you my Prayers. You'll soon be on the road to health and smaller clothes

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Let me clarify something on this point. I believe what Dr. Rodriguez was saying about the INAMED only going 3/4 the way around was the fillable part. The INAMED band that encircles the stomach is only about 3/4 fillable. About 1/4 of it is harder silicone (or whatever it is made out of) and not fillable. The Swedish band that encircles the stomach is all fillable. I hope that is more clear.

Cathy

Another bandster that just got banded by my Dr. told her the reason he prefers the Swedish is that the swedish goes all the way around the stomach, whereas the INAMED only goes 3/4 the way around!?? Is this TRUE ?

If it only goes 3/4th the way around, then how the heck does it work!! :) I have been leaning towards the INAMED, only because the only person I can find to do the fills, only fills INAMED bands not the Swedish. Any help on assisting me on making my Band choice would be greatly appreicated. What are the Pros and Cons of each? Thanks Jim ** A Soon to be BANDIT**:clap2:

.... to all! I'm getting more and more nervous,:phanvan scared, :eek: excited, :dance:anxious, :faint: OMG ... I think I've lost it! :)

I actually started second-guessing and wondering if what I was doing was right.:o Then I got caught up here from yesterday and ... yes, I am doing the right thing.

You're all great and we're all going to succeed ...

no doubt about it. :whoo:

Hugs and prayers to all!!!! :hug:

P.S. Welcome, Kelly_girl! :welcome:

Well, got a little carried away with the icons. Again, good luck to all.

LESS THAN 48 HOURS TO GO ... woo-hoo.

Tracy - you're going to be just fine. I am 2 weeks out and feel like a million bucks. Please free to PM me if you would like to talk about anything, since I've just made it through the first of many hurdles.

God bless! You and all the rest of the upcoming May bandsters are in my thoughts and prayers - I think of you all everyday since I had my own surgery!

- Dawn

Hi everyone,

This is one of my first posts (I also posted in the "introductions" section earlier today). Anyway, I was banded one week ago--last Wednesday, May 17th (which also was my 25th birthday!).

I'm very glad I found this website and I'm also glad to have found others who are going through the same experience as I am--and now, I've found others who are going through it also at pretty much the same time!

Two more days and I go to get my staples out. My cuts are itching me like crazy! Can't wait for them to be all healed so I can start putting on all these scar lotions I bought!

By the way, embarassing question: has anyone else had to poop after surgery and had "issues" with that? I didn't do the deed until like 5 days after my surgery, and when I finally did have the urge, it hurt to actually do it! All that pushing with my stomach with its wounds kinda hurt! Yikes! I actually called for my boyfriend to deliver a pillow to me in the bathroom (the nurses in the hospital said holding a pillow over my tummy would help when I was trying to get up/down out of bed so I thought--hmm--maybe it'd work for bathroom duty, too?).

Anyway, as far as results are concerned, in the past week I've lost 11.5 pounds! I do feel hungry from time to time (but don't seem to mind too much) so I'm looking forward to my first fill to see how the band really works.

I'm excited for the future! :)

Hi, my name is Letty, I was banded on may 12 by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterey Mexico. I had no idea how much weight i have lost, but so far I'm doing fine, recovering still, little pain, and getting used to it.

Greetings from Chicago!

Hey Angelator!

I got banded on May 17th, as well! Our banding birthdays are the same! :D I got mine done in Monterrey by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez. Where did you have yours done?

I've lost about 11 lbs also. :)

My wounds have only itched a little. My biggest problem right now is that I contracted a chest and head cold on Sunday. I'm having deep coughs, and everytime I cough I have to put a pillow over my stomach.

As for the BMs, yes, I agree......it does cause the wounds to hurt some. Just try not to push so much. Be easy on yourself. Are you still having problems with that while being on a liquid diet? I'm not having ANY consipation problems at all now! LOL

Keep us posted! I look forward to keeping in contact with you. :o

Cathy

Hi everyone,

This is one of my first posts (I also posted in the "introductions" section earlier today). Anyway, I was banded one week ago--last Wednesday, May 17th (which also was my 25th birthday!).

I'm very glad I found this website and I'm also glad to have found others who are going through the same experience as I am--and now, I've found others who are going through it also at pretty much the same time!

Two more days and I go to get my staples out. My cuts are itching me like crazy! Can't wait for them to be all healed so I can start putting on all these scar lotions I bought!

By the way, embarassing question: has anyone else had to poop after surgery and had "issues" with that? I didn't do the deed until like 5 days after my surgery, and when I finally did have the urge, it hurt to actually do it! All that pushing with my stomach with its wounds kinda hurt! Yikes! I actually called for my boyfriend to deliver a pillow to me in the bathroom (the nurses in the hospital said holding a pillow over my tummy would help when I was trying to get up/down out of bed so I thought--hmm--maybe it'd work for bathroom duty, too?).

Anyway, as far as results are concerned, in the past week I've lost 11.5 pounds! I do feel hungry from time to time (but don't seem to mind too much) so I'm looking forward to my first fill to see how the band really works.

I'm excited for the future! :eek:

Hi Letty!

I got banded by Dr. R 5 days after you, on May 17. :)

Dr. R is wonderful, isn't he?

Cathy

Hi, my name is Letty, I was banded on may 12 by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterey Mexico. I had no idea how much weight i have lost, but so far I'm doing fine, recovering still, little pain, and getting used to it.

Greetings from Chicago!

Hi Letty!

I got banded by Dr. R 5 days after you, on May 17. :)

Dr. R is wonderful, isn't he?

Cathy

OHH He is wonderful, how are you doing besides loosing all that weight? how is your recovery been?

There were three of us on the 12, and we heard that many more on the following week. I can see that you are one of then ha?

Letty

Hi everyone

I'm new here and i am being banded may 25 , tomorrow YIKES I'm nervous and very excited. I have been following my preop diet , yogurt and cottage cheese for 7 days about 90 % . just had 2 green salads.

I live in Toronto and I'm having it done at TLBC . Anyone else from Toronto?

I will let you know how it went

I also hate IV's , that will be the worst part for me i'm sure

How do I start a ticker tape?

Thanks for the support and also the good feedback

Jill

:welcomeB: Welcome Jill!

:clap2: Congrats on being banded tomorrow!:clap2:

Please do keep us posted! Sounds like you are doing great on your pre-op diet! Here's a link to a thread on how to create a ticker!

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=16218

Again congrats!

Thogughts and Prayers going out to you for a successful journey!

Hi everyone

I'm new here and i am being banded may 25 , tomorrow YIKES I'm nervous and very excited. I have been following my preop diet , yogurt and cottage cheese for 7 days about 90 % . just had 2 green salads.

I live in Toronto and I'm having it done at TLBC . Anyone else from Toronto?

I will let you know how it went

I also hate IV's , that will be the worst part for me i'm sure

How do I start a ticker tape?

Thanks for the support and also the good feedback

Jill

Hello girl!!

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, don't worry too much about the "Iv thing" is only gona be there for 24 hours or so. We all hate that, specially when you have to go to the bathroom so many times, but I hope you will have someone nice to help you, just like I did. Time goes by so quick, and I promise you that a few weeks from today you will be here like nothing ever happen.

Blessings

Letty

Good luck tomorrow Jille!!

This is all so exciting to see everyone getting banded and hearing about it !!!

I am SO excited. I'm not nervous at all. I can't wait to be banded!!!! Friday banding, here I come!!!!