Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Healthy Foods To Eat?

So as of yesterday i started eating better, drinking Water and walking. I also started making my meals last 30 min ( quite hard! ) putting my fork down after each bite, chewing a lot... Now i know what healthy foods are but what should i eat for a snack? cheese stick? Almonds? I want to mix up my other meals too. Today i had oatmeal and a Protein Shake. lunch was chicken and corn. I plan on going food shopping so i want to have some idea's of what to buy. I am thinking salmon, brown rice, almonds, lots of veggie's.. What are you guys eating?

Here is list of snack item that I like:

Laughing cow lite cheeses

Weight Watchers smoked string cheese

Greek yogurt

Nuts (all types)

fruit

Hummus

Sugar free/fat free puddings

Protein shake popsicle (I freeze the pre made shakes in a popsicle mold 1 shake makes 6 popsicles)

Can't think of anything else. Hope this helps. Good luck

I like all the same Snacks at AJTexas. ;) Those items seem to work for me. However, I wouldn't snack unless you felt hungry and weren't making it to the next meal time.

My go to snack is greek yogurt. (think I have an addiction)

Here is list of snack item that I like:

Laughing cow lite cheeses

Weight Watchers smoked string cheese

Greek yogurt

Nuts (all types)

fruit

Hummus

Sugar free/fat free puddings

Protein shake popsicle (I freeze the pre made shakes in a popsicle mold 1 shake makes 6 popsicles)

Can't think of anything else. Hope this helps. Good luck

Thank you! That is a great list!

I think a snack or 2 a day is ok as long as it's healthy and your are hungry. I have never had greek yogurt. I have to try it now! What flavor is good?

I think a snack or 2 a day is ok as long as it's healthy and your are hungry. I have never had greek yogurt. I have to try it now! What flavor is good?

I like the brand Fage. It comes in all different fruits, peach, strawberry, rasberry, cherry. I like them all. Its 120 calories, 13g Protein for a 5.3oz cup. I'm eating peach right now, yummy!

I am going food shopping this week. I Will definitely put it on my list! Thank you for the suggestion :)

Mandarins are in season here, and the little tiny Arafour ones are delish- no pips, hardly any strings, the first time mandarines have worked for me in seven years of being banded. I have also discovered that whilst cutting a kiwifruit in half and eating with a spoon blocks me up badly, I can bite through the skin and eat it that way, so I've been eating lots of kiwi. Bananas are good too.

For a snack, I try to incorporate a piece of fruit and a Protein - almonds, walnuts, cold hardboiled eggs, or my latest favourite Bounce Balls (a Protein Bar alternative that doesnt taste like candles).

meals lately have been homemade toasted muesli or this awesome Power Porrij (quinoa, amaranth, oats, almonds, chia), lunches cruskits or rice cakes with tuna, salmon, smoked salmon or roast beef and salad veg and dinners have been our usual meat and 3 veg type meals.

My dietician told me.great Snacks are.... fat free or low fat cottage cheese... Peanut Butter on apple or celery (in moderation) low fat string cheese... wheat thins or those kellogs crisps. A cup of healthy Cereal. Also I dunno if you like V-8 juice but if your hungry and.craving salt that works really good and it coats your stomach. If I'm craving sweets I eat sugar free popcicles. Hmmm I was just thinking also maybe ill free some sugar free Jello mmmmm.