Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help With Protein Shakes!!!

I get banded tomorrow. I have been on a liquid diet for 10 days now to shrink my liver. I have been drinking whey Protein Shakes. I bought the Body Fortress vanilla at Walmart. My doctor said to add sugar free pudding 1 tsp to give it another flavor. The banana cream & chocolate is heaven. You can use any flavor you desire as long as it is sugar free.

Top form you can get online has good Vitamins is low cal and doesn't taste like dirt so to speak it mixes extremely well with Water or milk

You can get Muscletech at Sam's Club but it's fairly high in sugar you migh want to try unflavored Protein powder and then you can flavor them with Crystal Light (or equivalent) drink mixes. unjury carries unflavored Protein Powder. Or try ur drink mixes with vanilla.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Has anyone used Slim Time? This is what I am supposed to use for my pre op diet. I have to order them from Montreal.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. My doctor didn't make me do any extended pre op diet. He said his studies have shown that the liver isn't that much larger then if you do a liquid diet for a eel or two. Thank you dr!

I'm on day 9 of 14 day liquid diet. I don't like the BA shakes vanilla is very thick and gross imo. I LOVE Proto Whey by BNRG in Double chocolate it's delicious, the best Protein Drink I've ever tasted! Add Water to it and It tastes like a milkshake! I also like EAS Myoplex light in french vanilla.

I'm not a fan of BA (Bariatric Advantage) shakes but I have noticed that they satisfy my hunger better than some store bought shakes. Perhaps due to higher Fiber content? I did add instant coffee to the Vanilla shake in the morning and that tasted better to me. I now add Strawberries and Raspberries to the strawberry flavor, now that I am not as restricted as I was on the pre-surgery diet.

It tastes OK, I just don't like the consistency. Is there anyway to make it thinner?

Not that I've found but I like it thick. I switched to store bought shakes just after surgery as those are thinner and I could not drink the BA shakes for the first week or so.

They are thinner without Ice. I would suggest mixing with room temp Water and try leaving it in the fridge for a couple of hours and see if it makes a difference.

I get banded tomorrow.800 calorie diet, for Breakfast and lunch i drink Isopure smoothie(32g Protein 14g carb and only 190c)