Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Length Of Hospital Stay

Went to hospital on a Monday morning and later that day was released to home. Outpatient and feeling good.

I drove my car next day and I attended a weight reduction seminar in my home town.

I flew home the next day and drove my car and went grocery shopping. I didn't go back to work for 5 days because I have to be able to do heavy lifting.

I would feel comfortable staying over night just to mak

Fitness Pal : Lynjhnsn<br />Current weight: 325lbs<br />Goal Weight: 150lbs<br />Lapband beginner: Seminar September 5th

I would feel comfortable staying over night just to make sure everything went well, I'm far from that stage but just saying.

Fitness Pal : Lynjhnsn<br />Current weight: 325lbs<br />Goal Weight: 150lbs<br />Lapband beginner: Seminar September 5th

My surguery was at 0730 I was at home in my own bed by 1200. That's with sleep apnea, and my CPAP. My wife is a nurse and the doctor knows Im a more then a little non-compliant with the CPAP, my wife promised him it would be on my face.

I couldn't have stayed any longer, the thing that hurt most in the recovery room was my tail bone.. I had to get off that sorry hospital bed.

How can you live without soda! I will miss my diet root beer. Waiting for my surgery date.

I searched for a surgeon that did no extra/excess pre-op testing/hoops and no hospital stay. Since I was footing the bill I could not afford all that. I had surgery at 1pm and was out of there by 4;30.

I certainly hope that all is well. I personally would NOT have gone thru it without all of the pre op. Statistics show such a high mortality rate in those cases of no pre op. I pray that all hasb& goes well.

My surgery was not in a hospital but a "surgery center" with an adjacent bank and state farm. Freaked me out a little. I got there at 7am went to a little dr. Office type room around 8, was up walking around in recovery by 11am and home by 12:30. Looking back, I would have researched better and asked to stay over night. At home I was miserable, worried, and the next week ended up at the er in tears wondering if it would ever get better. I should note my husband had surgery 2 years ago, different doctor and he was home within 4 hours. His first fill appt, he found out his band had slipped and had to do it all over again.

I had surgery at 7:00 am and home by 1 pm. I was also self pay and was scared to death I would be admitted. I did fine. I did have to drink a cup of Water, pee and walk laps before I could go.