Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upset And Depressed :(

So I'm 4 days post op, feel horrible :( I'm in so much pain, I'm so hungry, everyone is eating pizza in front of me, I can't sleep :( the anti-blood clott injections really hurt so much I can't do them anymore :( I just want to crawl into a cave and never come out :( so unhappy and sore, feel like things will never get better. Sorry for sounding so moany, but nobody can relate or understand (my family).

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Oh hun it will get better!!!!

Everyone says day 4 is the worst, this will be your turning point!

Try watching a movie (or an episode of suits :P ) to get your mind off the food and pain

Sorry your having so much post-op trouble. Sounds like you need some pain medicine, being in pain is very depressing. Call your MD and let him/her know the pain your feeling. I was in a lot of pain 4 days post-op but now I am feeling better than I have in years. My hunger is in control 99% of the time and I am walking 3 miles a day. My weight loss has been worth every struggle and yours will too. Things will get better, and your worth all the pain and trouble! Feeel better soon!

I know this doesn't help right now, but it does get better! In a few days you'll have turned the corner and start feeling fantastic. Do something to distract yourself - - watch a movie, read a book, magazine...whatever helps.

It sounds crazy, but when I was doing the post-op diet I developed almost a hatred for food, just to get me through it. I decided in my mind that I felt sorry for the people eating cheeseburgers, fries, pizza, ice cream...they would have to work SO hard to burn off those calories. I focused on how great I was doing and how thankful my body would be that I wasn't eating those things.

Your mind is a VERY powerful thing...try changing it. It just may work ;)

Yup.... you should start feeling better any day. After day 4 I felt amazing!

Sorry for you pain -

Best of luck!

UGGGG!! I remember that day!! I was so glad that it was a Saturday and it was a "lighter" day at work. I walked a little more that day and even though there was still pain, I was glad to see that each day I was able to walk further and further. Im sorry you are having trouble sleeping too. That lasted longer for me than anything else because Im a side sleeper.

Also, right after my surgery I started noticing how many food commercials there are. LOL. Very mouth watering. Honestly. now they dont make me hungry. They actually make me a little sick imagining having to eat ALL THAT.

Thanks guys, yea I know it will get better I guess, just doesn't feel like it right now :( stuck indoors with nothing to do and I don't want to go out because I havnt showered properly since 4 days ago!! Washed my hair once since then but really hurt to bend over the sink so I'm just going to wait. Just one of those depressing days I guess :(

I'm on day 4 as well and feeling kind of miserable. It hurts to laugh, it hurts to talk, it hurts to cough (which I have to do because of the mucus) and it hurts to sleep...it's been tough because i'm a belly sleeper and it would definitly not feel good to lay on my stomach right now:( its no fun, but a lot of people have said that it gets a lot better from here. I really hope so so that I'm not miserable when I go back to college next week :/ good luck and hang in there! Just know you're not alone in this..

I'm on day 4 as well and feeling kind of miserable. It hurts to laugh' date=' it hurts to talk, it hurts to cough (which I have to do because of the mucus) and it hurts to sleep...it's been tough because i'm a belly sleeper and it would definitly not feel good to lay on my stomach right now:( its no fun, but a lot of people have said that it gets a lot better from here. I really hope so so that I'm not miserable when I go back to college next week :/ good luck and hang in there! Just know you're not alone in this..[/quote']

Yea I know exactly what you mean! I'm a belly sleeper too and I can't sleep properly now because I have to lye on my back all night and my back and bum hurts! I'm so tempted all the time to roll over but I know I can't :( it sucks right now, but it will get better I guess :) the thought of loosing weight is what keeps me going!

I had some serious depression after surgery. I am only 9 days post-op and it has already gotten better. I suffer depression/anxiety anyway, and I found it came on full force after surgery. My husband is an AMAZING cook & I was sitting here smelling the yummy food he was cooking for him and our daughter....and I was having broth and Soup. I wanted to give up.

I am not a back sleeper either. I sleep on my side all the time. The first few days I couldn't do that, which meant not being comfortable. By day 5 or so, I was able to sleep on my side. One thing that really helped life my mood was my 1 week follow up with the dr. Incisions were all looking good, the dietitian said I could move to soft/pureed foods (that alone made tears come to my eyes!) and I had lost 16 lbs. It just really helped to remind me WHY I am doing this.