Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My weight loss center says no caffeine and no carbonated beverages FOR LIFE!! I gave both up in May. So far so good!

Same here. It's been since April. I drink Decaf now. I tried a diet snapple the other day and it was pretty good and then I saw it has caffeine in it. I guess I will keep sticking with crystal lite.

Caffeine has absolutely no effect on the band. It increases appetite, for some people. My doctor has no problem with it as long as we keep it under control (no more than 8oz a day). I don't drink coffee anyway, but I do enjoy tea a few times a week. We have been told no carbonation because it can cause gas, which is painful, and in some people even expand your stomach pouch. We have been advised of the possibilities, but were never told we could never have it again. I take a few sips of diet pepsi here and there. No problems, but I don't gulp it or drink it with a straw, which increases the amount of air that gets into your stomach. To each there own. As long as you keep yourself under control I would think it would be ok. Obviously, follow doctors orders first and foremost. I was told you never have Pasta, rice or tortilla and that I am fine with.

I was advised by my nutritionist to keep it to one cup of day nit for erosion but dehydration. It suppresses my appetite but...I use fattening creamer!!!! So defeats the purpose. But this is the one thing I will keep...I have to be to work by 6:30 am so I enjoy that first part of morning when I sip my Creamer with coffee. I need to find a good fat free sugar free one...haven't yet.

weight.png

The Skinny White chocolate Mocha by International Delights is really good! They have other "Skinny" flavors as well.

Thank you for the skinny brand, I haven't seen that yet but I will hunt for it.

weight.png

I drink Click Protein in morning. vanilla latte or mocha. Has espresso in it and 15 grams protein. Love it. Just came out with Decaf now. I drink cold like blended frapicino or hot. If heating up protein. Mix in sharker bottle or blender - then heat 30 sec, stir up, then 15 seconds, stir, add 15 sec til hot enough for you. That way doesn't clump up or denature protein.

Can only get click on line i think click.com or on Amazon, drugstore.com. That's my caffeine for day.

I have had my band for 7 years now and have never avoided caffeine. Sodas are a strict no-no for me. Just listen to your head and your body and you will be fine.

I drink Click Protein in morning. Vanilla latte or mocha. Has espresso in it and 15 grams Protein. Love it. Just came out with Decaf now. I drink cold like blended frapicino or hot. If heating up protein. Mix in sharker bottle or blender - then heat 30 sec' date=' stir up, then 15 seconds, stir, add 15 sec til hot enough for you. That way doesn't clump up or denature protein.[/quote']

Do you know how many calories? Thanks!

I was advised by my nutritionist to keep it to one cup of day nit for erosion but dehydration. It suppresses my appetite but...I use fattening creamer!!!! So defeats the purpose. But this is the one thing I will keep...I have to be to work by 6:30 am so I enjoy that first part of morning when I sip my creamer with coffee. I need to find a good fat free sugar free one...haven't yet.

weight.png

I Like organic fat free milk for creamer, unless you are lactose intolerant. I find that organic ff milk tastes so much better than regular ff milk which tastes like white Water to me.

I'm Cuban so I need my shot of expresso every morning..... Cant live w/o it!

It also supresses( not enhances) my apetite.

My surgeon did not tell me to avoid it, so I'm drinking it as I always have. My weight is still melting off, I feel great, so "LONG LIVE COFFEE!!!!!!!"

My surgeon's office said coffee =dehydration. They said 1 cup a day with sf ff creamer is ok. Add 1 cup of Water per every 4oz coffee.

I was off caffeine for 2 mos after my sugery but went back to my one cup in the mornings. I made the change from extra cream and heavy sugar to cream and splenda!! It works for me and my nutrition said the one cup of day won't hurt just get my Water in.. coffee suppresses my appetite in the mornings. You will find many personal opinion here and many different medical opinions from each persons surgeon. So no one can tell you what the exact black/white rules are.. You will learn your band and your body. For example my surgeon has said it's ok to go back to regular foods after a fill (some will tell you their dr says liquids only) . I have only had one problem with a fill and that was an overfill that i requested, when I was probably at my green zone at the time. I have not stopped losing since my band surgery last Oct. Some months I lose 4-5 lbs some months only 1-3, but I'm totally happy with it. I will a couple of times a month when go to the movie, have popcorn and drink a small soda,(which some people say never do) it has not hurt me once. The one thing I do with persistance is I never eat and drink at the same time. I always wait 45 min to an hour to drink something..I am consisent about getting my exercise in weekly with a minimum of 3x, but try to shoot for 4 days of workouts.

So listen to your surgeon, your team and your body when it comes to the Band. The golden rule is to allow the restriction to guide you in not stuffing yourself, I've learned you can enjoy treating yourself once in awhile, with just much smaller tastes of things will satisfy the urges,

Just my humble opinions :P