Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sigh, So Little Restriction

I had my first fill last week, doc only put in 3cc and was so excited to see the results, well now I know. No restriction! Ack! I was out at a BBQ today, ate a bit more than I should, but with no problem at all. Didnt really even feel full or satisfied when I know I should have been.

I know that it is common for first fills to be uneventful, but I was hoping!

How long does everyone wait to get their second fill? My doc said he wants me back in 3 months, if all is well. He said he expects to see me within a month and a half, b/c he expects that the first fill was not going to be good enough.

Should I wait that long?

I get fills every 2 to 3 weeks, but my fills are only 0.2cc's at a time. The largest fill I had was 0.8ccs, and it made it hard to burp for a few days.

3 months? That's crazy! You should be going every month for the first year.

3 months is way too long!

I have been eating way too much. Have had one 4 cc fuill and go again this thur I haven't gained but haven't lost either lately! Very frustrating!

For my first 3 fills i went every month now because i am such a slow looser i have been going in every 2 weeks. Today was my 6th fill and i have an appointment set for next monday for a 7th if i need it and just to check. I have a total of 5.5cc in now.

@ Almajuanes .....Well usually about a week or so. I am self pay and my first year of fills are free or included in the 10k i paid so I am taking advantage of this WHOLE year. Every time i feel like i need to talk or that i am eating to much or not going fast enought i am right back in that office, I feel like I am my doctors customer and he needs to take care of me. If i wanted a 10k hammer I would have bought that tool and left it on the shelf in the garage but I did not I bought a 10k weight loss tool and I am doing everything I can to make sure I get what I need out of it.

@ Almajuanes .....Well usually about a week or so. I am self pay and my first year of fills are free or included in the 10k i paid so I am taking advantage of this WHOLE year. Every time i feel like i need to talk or that i am eating to much or not going fast enought i am right back in that office' date=' I feel like I am my doctors customer and he needs to take care of me. If i wanted a 10k hammer I would have bought that tool and left it on the shelf in the garage but I did not I bought a 10k weight loss tool and I am doing everything I can to make sure I get what I need out of it.[/quote']

I totally agree with you girl!! I guess i just need to get aggressive with my doctor!! Im at 5.5 cc and I'm barely feeling restriction.

In November I will be 1yr out from surgery and I am only at 3cc's. I've only lost 30lbs and feel very frustrated. I have an appt on the 21st for a fill and plan to talk to my doctor about not feeling any restriction. There are days where I feel hungry all day when I follow my portion guidelines. I have another 30lbs to lose and really hoped to be at my goal way before my 1yr surgery anniversary.

Well I called my doc today, I had my first fill last Wednesday and I feel no restriction. They are going to fill more next Wednesday. I am ok with that. I have to wait a week to get in, but that is fine! I am glad they arent going to make me wait longer!

Whew!

I am six weeks post op and I will be going in to see my doctor every two weeks till I get to the green zone. My first fill was done at three weeks post op, had .8mls put in and my second fill was today, .5mls was put in. I have a total of 5.5mls in my band ATM. 4.2 Mls was put in on day of operation. I was told today I have and APL band which holds a total of about 12 mls. ATM I have no hunger nor any desire for food and all I've had is Water and a slice of lean turkey breast and had no problems of it going through the band. Let's see what the next few days brings.

I've only got 1.5 ccs in and go for my second fill next week (two weeks after my first). Can't wait. Trying to abide by all the rules but having no restriction is depressing. Don't even get on the scale for fear of what I'll see. I know it will come though - glad you get to go in sooner.