Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buying Clothes Ahead Of Time?

Has anyone had good luck buying smaller size clothes ahead of time when they find them on clearance? When I was still pregnant and clearing things out for the baby I got rid of any clothes that were more than a size or two smaller than my pre-pregnancy clothes ("I WILL NEVER FIT INTO THESE AGAIN AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!"). I don't want to start buying a ton of stuff, but i figured things like underwear, camis, t-shirts, and jeans when I find ones on super clearance are a pretty safe bet.

yes, I've done some of that. it's a great motivation for me to keep on working hard towards my goals. I love folding the laundry now. Every time I fold one of my t-shirt bras, I can't help holding them up and thinking, wow, these are so tiny AND they fit me!

Good luck.

I've enjoyed looking at smaller sizes before I began to get there, which served as positive motivation...but I've waited to purchase clothing until it fit or was a tiny bit too snug.

I've always been able to find good sales when I've needed smaller sizes.

That can be really tricky, though, due to different cuts. I bought a few dresses 3 weeks ago for an upcoming cruise. I need to take them back this weekend because they are too big for me now (woohoo!), so try to keep that in mind.

Some folks have pretty rapid weight loss with the band while others are slow & steady. I also agree with Sojourner that I, too, find sales all the time.

I to find always found good sales so I never bought ahead either but did look at smaller things for a motivation and I always got rid of the clothes that were to big as soon as they were to big this way I had nothing to fit back into. I did however keep the jeans and shirt I wore to the appt when I decided to have the sugery I look at them from time to time just as reminder of how far I have come. It is a great feeling.

I would go with buying things that you are close to fitting into. I'll buy shirts that are too tight, but if I like the cut (and how they cover my arms and such) i'll go ahead and buy it. If you buy too far in advance it may not be a flattering outfit. You don't know what your body is going to do!

Since I'm part of a Range Safety Launch Team here at Vandenberg AFB, on missile Launches we dress up in dark suits. So, I will wait until I lose excessive weight before I purchase any of my suits. There on sale are still to expensive to buy 1 or 2 sizes. So I must wait. On my lesure shirts I have 2 sizes smaller already.

Have a great day shopping.

I purchased simple things that such as jeans that I always wear but two sizes smaller, and now, i fit them perfectly!! yay!!!

I am seriously considering it. I am going to need an entirely new winter wardrobe this year so I have tons to buy. My winter coat from last year was a 7x and I'm down to a 2x. It's like a tent on me.

I've been trying to guess where I'll be approximately by November. I am considering taking the risk to buy a winter coat and some long sleeve shirts and hoping I guess correctly. This way I can slowly build up a winter wardrobe without breaking the bank all at one time.

I refuse to buy new clothes until November-December range. Maybe a few pairs of jeans before then if needed, but at the rate I am losing weight, any clothes I buy now will be too big in a few months.

I refuse to buy new clothes until November-December range. Maybe a few pairs of jeans before then if needed, but at the rate I am losing weight, any clothes I buy now will be too big in a few months.

I've resigned myself to the fact for the next year I'll be in clothes that are too big. I do buy new clothes every couple months but it's only a matter of weeks before they start getting noticeably big on me again. Within 2-3 months, they're off to Goodwill and I'm buying more.