Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Post Op... Able To Drink More, Added Soups And Feeling Better But Increased Hunger Uhh Ohh???

i am 8 days out and find i am snacking more on s/f jello... and ice pops.. also able to drink more , and added Soups , and am able to have a bowl without a problem. I am nervous about eatting too much . so can you tell me please how many calories & carbs do i need to limit my daily intake to. thanks yall for your help :)

I didn't track any of that as they said this was the healing part of the diet and not to worry about losing weight until I started getting fills. I aimed for 50 grams of Protein a day and didn't snack on stuff like that until I'd hit my protein. Also I was sure to get my Vitamins, Water and Calcium in. When I went in for two week post op I was down about 14 lbs but when I went in two weeks later (yesterday) for my 1st fill I was up .4 oz. Again, it made me stress but they said don't, it will start to come now that the fills are too. And yes I've been hungry like crazy but still didn't let myself eat more than a cup, I think this is the beginning of bandster hell until I can hit the green zone.

B-52....Until there's restriction, it's just another diet.

I know I'm a little unorthodox, but I decided that until I got a fill that was going to give me restriction, I wasn't going to sweat not losing weight. And I didn't lose weight but I didn't gain it either. I think if you just keep it around 100-1200 calories a day you won't feel real deprived and go off the deep end. Others may suggest you keep it at 800-1000 but you're going to get real hungry as you get further into bandster hell. Don't be real concerned about losing weight until you get some fills and if you do lose weight, it's a bonus.

tmf

This is a question you should pose to your nutritionist as our body compositions do vary and dietary restrictions vary as well. My nutritionist told me to eat grams of Protein to satisfy the following equation- Body weight x 0.3 = protein in grams.

I was not given any limit on carbs, just to focus on a healthy eating lifestyle. I got the lapband so I didn't have to diet for the rest of my life, so I eat what I want in small quantities.

Is your MD THE Ariel Ortiz Lagardre? Even if he is not -- Ariel Ortiz Langrdre wrote an excellent book called "Lap-Band for Life." You can either get it from Amazon or order it at your local bookstore. It's an excellent and complete handbook written by 1 of the key developers of the lapband. It will explain what to eat -- how to eat and a whole lot more about the LP.

Is your MD THE Ariel Ortiz Lagardre? Even if he is not -- Ariel Ortiz Langrdre wrote an excellent book called "Lap-Band for Life." You can either get it from Amazon or order it at your local bookstore. It's an excellent and complete handbook written by 1 of the key developers of the lapband. It will explain what to eat -- how to eat and a whole lot more about the LP.

I looked on amazon and it really didn't say much about the book. Can you be more specific on what the book talks about if you've read it, I'm interested.

Thx

Donna

If you check Amazon again at http://www.amazon.co...duckduckgo-d-20 you will find 35 reviews of the book by lapband patients who give a lot of information about the book and explain why it helped them. You will also see that the 35 lapband reviewers gave the book consistenty high ratings. If you click right on the book (where it says "Look Inside This Book) you will be able to read the table of contents, the Introduction and sample pages and charts from several of the chapters. All of that together makes an excellent description of what's in the book.

Best wishes.

i am 8 days out and find i am snacking more on s/f Jello... and ice pops.. also able to drink more ' date=' and added Soups , and am able to have a bowl without a problem. I am nervous about eatting too much . so can you tell me please how many calories & carbs do i need to limit my daily intake to. thanks yall for your help :)[/quote']

I, too, am having that problem, its because our insides aren't as swollen and we are healing which means less restriction. It sucks! But I try hard to keep to what my dietitian says, I keep meals under 300 cals and a lot myself 1 snack if needed...and as many sf icepops I want, but usually 1 is enough for me at this point. It's hard to eat Soup slowly but what I do is eat half of whatever I serve myself and walk away from it for 15 mins, by the time.I come back I can only eat another 2 bites and I'm done. Hope this helps.

-Melissa M.

i noticed like today this is what I have had.... I have had a Protein Shake this morning , and like 3 bowls of Soup, a s/f ice pop and a s/f jello... seems like more than I should be eating?

You're still only about a week out right? how big are your bowls of Soup? You do need a lot of liquid at this point so if that's what you're having maybe you're getting it all down because you need the liquid? What does your dr. say to you? Mine never told me how much or how little until I got filled and then they said even if hungry, try to keep to 3 meals and 1 snack. Yours might or might not say something different.

I don't think you are eating too much at all but it does sound like you are not getting enough Protein. Why only 1 Protein Drink? You're body uses up protein within a few hrs so make sure it get it at least 3 times a day. Also --your body need protein to burn up fat.You don't say what is in the Soup you are eating. If it's basially clear chicken or beef broth -- that is good but if it has a lot of carbs in it -- that will slow your weight loss. Carbs also fill you for a short time --but they also lead to hunger. I'm surprised that your surgeon didn't give you a very specific diet to follow that included types and amounts of food.< /p>