Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

I've opted out of the gym this week but have been working harder than a bulemic on Thanksgiving! Yardwork every day after work, landscaping, weeding my planting areas, pruning, re-basing our paver patio that serves as a stair landing, etc. It's way more workout than the gym ever is, and I'm doing it for 4 - 5 hours. Or more. Last Wednesday I was planting barberry bushes by the light of the streetlamp.Most likely that has an impact. I'm also ovulating (TMI, I know) and for me it's virtually impossible for the scale to drop then, or when I'm... you know. Damn hormonies. No eating changes at all.

I tend to plateau, even past weightloss efforts prove that's true for me. Maybe not plateau, but it's not uncommon for me to go a month or more with 0 loss in pounds, and then drop 20 lbs in a week. I'd prefer it to be more steady, but off is off.

My first weighing after surgery was 1 week later, at my first post-op appointment. I was still on a resolve to use only my surgeon's scale, so I had DH hide my home scale from me, because if it's there, then dammit - I'm going to get on it. Again. And again. And again.

I found my thread!!!!!!

LOL... picture it, yesturday at the doctors office....(mind you I have been a patient of his for 3 years) the MA says, "Step on the scale" I reply "Is not enough wieght" The MA says "huh?" I feel like cussing her out, and screaming it only goes up to 350, why do I have to tell you this EVERY TIME I come here, but I calmly say again, "not enough wieght"

Same day, in class to learn about Glucose reader....I hear a table rattle behind me.....OOOOOOOOOOO was that my bum that knocked it over????? I swear I was like 3 feet away from it!!!!! ROTF

I also am someone that is not in reality about my wieght untill I have to get on the scale or see some HUGE person reflected in a window walking by me...Its like I am in a fat suit that I cant get out of!!!!!!I am a DANCER damnit...LOL

I feel fat.. not morbidly obese *sigh* I just want to be 200lbs...LOL how sick is that????

Poodles I got on a scale as soon as I could which was about 4 days after surgery because my scale at home does not go that high:scalesno:. I have to go to my TOPS meetings to weigh. I weigh in faithfully every Tuesday unless there is no meeting and then I am upset.

Wheetsin I like that "been working harder than a bulemic on Thanksgiving" ha ha ha:pound:

Meow I feel your pain, like I said I have to go to my meetings to weigh in. My doctor's office use to have the extra weight for the scale but someone broke it. They got another one and then that one got broke. They should try investing in a digital scale for the "big people"

Well, I did it. I stepped on the scale and am 7 pounds down. I can't believe it! Guess I am off to make a new ticker!!!!

my pcp scales only goes up to 375, but I finally am in my 360's so that was a little personal goal to be able to use that scale. My band dr's scale goes up to 600.

I weigh whenever i think about it or feel like it. I know it will always be less than the last time so it's all good :cool:

Well, my swelling went down from my fill and while I can't eat nearly as much as I could before the fill, I can still eat about 2 cups worth of food, so back for another one as soon as I can get it scheduled.

I remember a few years back I was shopping in a drug store when this old guy comes by me and says out loud "people like me could shop easier if people like you didn't take up the whole isle". I wanted to go up and slap him, but I didnt because that would be assault, but really whats the difference. People like that are PIGS!! Things like that stick with you forever. Oh well, piss on him:) . In a couple years when I'm slim and fast I hope I get the chance to run the bugger over with my shopping cart....lol.:)

Cloe: Big hugs. I started a thread a little while back about some guy that mooed at me. You should look it up. Everyone has these things happen, too many pigs in the world I guess.

YEAHHHHHH Poodles and tann!!!

waterlily you have a running start....35 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. ahhhh ahhhh nope nothing to sneeze at.

Cloe yeah he sucks and unfortuantely that kind of stuff sticks with us. I have my own memories of ignorant people but it is not worth bringing that mess up. Keep your head up and move forward. Someone else probably already did run over the bugger......:heh:

I don't know how you didn't deck him, Cloe. Someone on the street oinked at me once. What had happened didn't really click until it was too late to figure out who it was (it was in midtown Manhattan on lunch hour), but if it ever happened again, I'd deck them. Self defense of the soul.

Well all I have to say is that mean people suck! Without getting too deep into religious or philosophical beliefs I truly believe that one day each and every one of us will have to answer for every bad thing we've done. One day those oinker's will have to deal with the shame of being a cruel person. We will be avenged in the end. Meanwhile my poor chubby daughter get's teased by all of her siblings for being fat and a little slow acedemically. They call her fat and dumb. I feel sorrier for them than I do for her. I make them put the soap in their own mouths, better that way, reinforces the whole you brought it on yourself aspect. Then I remind my daughter that she is beautiful and she has a sweetness about her that is unparalelled.

So Cloe, remeber you are beautiful and they are the ugly ducklings with their deformed personalities. Fat is not forever, but being a cruel jerk usually is.

I had a woman approach me at a Sear's once. I was there with my husband trying on shoes and she states "Jesus loves you!" I replied 'Thank You' and went on trying the shoes but she didn't go away. When I finally glanced back at her she says "You know, he (gesturing towards my husband) is not happy with you. Why don't you come out to (her town) and walk with me and Jesus and I will help you to lose this weight!?"

I couldn't even speak. I was so floored by the idea that a complete nutjob :) was telling me how my husband of 11 years feels about me. I still couldn't even fathom where to begin to speak to this woman and thankfully my wonderful amazing man spoke up and said "She is beautiful and I am very happy with her" and he led me away from the psycho. Luckily she has been pretty much the only asshat I've run into.

My starting BMI was 54.7 (360# @ 5'8") I've almost lost the 60... my scale is teasing me at 300.5. DAMN THAT .5!!!!:phanvan :biggrin1: So now I'm at 45.7! Not too bad. I've consistently lost about 5-6 lbs a month or 1.5-2lbs a week. Slow but steady!:clap2:

Well, I don't know if I'd call that woman mean, just totally crazy. Where do these nut jobs come from anyway? I thought they were supposed to be locked up in a mental hospital. I am so glad your hubby was there to straighten her out, I wouldn't know what to say either. Except maybe if he was so unhappy why am I getting lucky every night? LOL, sorry tmi.

I hate to break a lot of bubbles, but mean & cruel people do not always get what's coming to them. And people that hope that they do many times only make their own lives more miserable by that hope, which in itself is just as bad a thought as the mean & cruel person had. Just concentrate on being the best person that you can be (but please don't join the army). My wife always tells me that I should not stand for some of the stuff that I have taken over the years, but the choice is to either take it or give it back and become just like the people that have bothered me. Neither Christ, Martin Luther King Jr. nor Gandhi would have tried to get even. I do not preach religion, but those three led more serene lives than I ever will.

Try it. You may not like it at first, but it may grow on you.

Erin - I have a husband like yours, and I thank the heavens for him every day, were so lucky. Try taking your earrings off, or go get a hair cut, bet those scales go to 299.5!!!!!!!!:)