Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

2 more lbs and my BMI willl leave the 60s for good. Then 27 lbs from there to Twoterville. If only I could snap my fingers!

Take care and Happy Memorial Day.

JulieNYC, I was so excited to hear this. I am in the same boat as you! I have 29 lbs until Twoterville!! I am so excited, I can't wait!

Plus, everyone talks about Onederland but I was wondering if there was a cool name for the 200's! I like it! I can't wait to be a resident of Twoterville!

I feel pleased that I'm losing but I need strength to give it time. Patience is not a virtue to me!

Good luck everyone!

JulieNYC, Sure, I'll race ya!!! My official one month post-op check is next Thursday, so I'll get a *true* reading. I have been guessing based on the difference between my scale and the doctor's. (Of course, the Dr. has me weighing 11 pounds more than my scale.) I am using his numbers as my ticker.

I bought a digi scale yesterday. I got tired of getting on, off, right back on, off, right back on - and having 3 totally different weights register - as much as 8# apart. The first thing I did was hop off & on a bunch of times and I got the same weight each time. How nice! It's guaranteed accurate within 0.2 lbs, up to 350. I think I'm going to redo my stats using this scale and just consider everything else a formality. :rolleyes: It's a "Taylor Glass Electronic Scale" from Sam's, about $40 I think. Maybe $30, don't remember. And it does partial pounds - my analog scale could never do that.

This morning was 314.6.

BTW I've always heard it was -

100s = "onderland"

200s = "twoterville"

300s = "tri cities"

400s = no idea...?

Yay, everyone is doing so great. My computer has been out of commision for almost 2 weeks, I feel so disconnected.

Got my first fill yesterday and the official weigh in put me at 319 a 31lb loss!!!

I am now lighter than I have been in over 2 years and lighter than my wedding weight!!! Yay!!!

Congrats WaterLily !!! I'm excited for you :P I can't wait to lose 31 lbs ....I'm up for banding on the 20th of june and although aprehensive as I've never had surgery, I'm excited to get a handle on my weight loss.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd check in!

Well my weight stayed the same for two weeks and then two things happened- I got a 2nd fill and hubby bought me a treadmill.

Anyway just one short week later I'm 9lbs down and that's taken me over the 50lbs lost mark :clap2: So as you can imagine right now I'm feeling quite positive about just about everything!

WAY TO GO ALISON :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well, now that I know the conversion from my docs scale to my home scale, I converted my starting weight to my scale. This way I only have to convert once instead of everytime :P So, that puts my start weight 4 lbs heavier. And I am loving this fill.. not sure yet how soon I will need a second but for the moment, this one is awesome :scared: another 4lbs in 2 days, wahoo!

I weighed this morning at 279.8. Granted, I round that to 280 for my official weight, but to even SEE the 7 was good news. I want the 80s to be gone for good!!!

Hey Wheetsin what are you doing in this thread.....this is for supersize bandsters ha ha ha ha.:)

Once a member, always a member! Plus it seems that I've hit another plateau, so I may be here for a while yet. And in another 6 weeks, when the scale finally moves and I lose 20# in 3 days...

You steady losers suck monkey butts.

Thank you Wheetsin....would you like some monkey butt? LOL

Girl you will be off that plateau this week. Are you exercising? What are you doing?

So... if I am reading right... monkey butt is the diet secret of the fast lapband losers. Wonder if they have that at Walmart? ??

Have a questions for you guys/gals... how long after your surgery did you step on the scale? I was thinking about giving it two weeks, but do not know if I can make it that long.

Tired Old Man- Welcome... come on in to the club house. We could always use a friendly male face around.

Well, I came home the next day, think I mght have weighed. Weighed all the time on that day actually. First official weigh-in was the day after that. I'm a daily weigher. Works for some, doesn't work for others.