Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Stuck For 12 Hours

i justhad baked potatoe stuck

I haven't had it come up (yet) but I think I had my first stick tonight. I am finally on solids for the first time today... ate really carefully but I did have shredded pork. Waited an hour before drinking but soon after I've got the worst feeling. It hurts a lot like a stone on my chest. Haven't dared drink anymore but it still just hurts, hours later. Is this what being stuck feels like? I'm hungry all the time and scheduled for my first fill next week but I'm genuinely scared for what it might do. I can't imagine how you must've felt for 12 hours. I am SO sorry. Glad it finally came up for you though.

when i have a stuck episode i can feel the food churning around in the pouch. it reminds me of the agitation in a washing machine. then i have continuous sliming episodes where i have to vomit it up. then it builds again and i have to get rid of it again. very rarely have i been able to vomit up the offending food... and thats worse i think.

OMGosh I feel for you. My 2 episodes since surgery June 13th were on chicken 2 and half weeks ago that lasted an hr and half and I spit up frothy and slimy mess till finally I threw it up and it was painful too like you all. Then the other morning I got stuck scrambled eggs, not so long just about a half hr and finally threw them up. Yes its gross and not pleasant and is very painful. I just simply got in a hurry and didn't chew and took big of a bite. So used to gorging on food and I need to make aware of my band now and take little bites and now since I have a fill I especially need to pay close attention.

Glad you finally have relief.

I have gotten stuck twice where it did not pass or come up! I had to go to my doctor for a small unfill. Both times I actually felt it pass when she took the Fluid out. It was sweet relief! Both times I was stuck on chicken. Totally my fault, ate too fast and didn't chew enough. I now know I can not eat chicken breast. It doesn't work for me. I can do dark meat chicken when it is very moist.

It is the worst feeling when it does not pass. Glad you finally got it to come up!

Been there, done that. Just had a stuck episode on 3 crackers with Peanut Butter and nothing to drink. It was stuck for over 2 hours with the pain so bad I wanted to die. I have no fills and we had lost power from a thunderstorm so my husband said, do not open the refrigerator so I did not get my usual sip of Water after eating. It took close to 3 hours to be able to throw it up and I had to have liquids for a couple of days afterwards because I still had pain and swelling. If we had power I would have just made a hot cup of coffee and either it would have gone down or up much sooner. After 4 years of being banded I cannot go by the rule of no drinking before or after. Sorry, but I have to do what is good for me and getting stuck like that is a recipe for trouble of slipping your band. You will learn what is best for you by experience, just as I have. I cannot imagine getting any fills if I get stuck without any? I like you eat too big of a bite or too fast, I don't know if I can ever master this all the time, eat slow and small. I keep trying and maybe some day it will sink in.

Wow I have that problem of eating too fast and not chewing. I thought about an unfill but I am loosing weight.

After my 3rd fill which was last week I almost always have some discomfort. However I know after the vey first bite of food whether or not I can tolerate it. If I continue to eat one or two bites after feeling full I am in trouble. A learning process for sure. I am so accustomed to bolting into my food because I was always so hungry that slowing down and taking small bites has been hard.

After my 3rd fill which was last week I almost always have some discomfort. However I know after the vey first bite of food whether or not I can tolerate it. If I continue to eat one or two bites after feeling full I am in trouble. A learning process for sure. I am so accustomed to bolting into my food because I was always so hungry that slowing down and taking small bites has been hard.

Im the same as you. I have trouble after fills.

ive had three 33's in which was difficult for me for about two weeks but i got through it.(first fill)

Then i had a 1cc... and after 2 1/2 weeks still couldnt manage. so i had half of that taken out again.

im having another fill on the 21st august. i dont know if it will only be .5 cc or not... i guess i will find out.

At this point im not totally convinced that its the swelling in the band and not my eating habits still. I could still be putting too much in my mouth. Im finding that four months out and i still have mental issues with when to eat, how to eat and how much. the only thing i have learned it how long to chew each mouthful and thats when im not distracted.

It seems like a long road sometimes. Anyone else out there having the same issues after four months? im not losing at the moment... i guess i will need more fill before i start losing again. im only eating enough to fill the smallest bread and butter plate.

Me too!!! The mental part of making myself food or going out and looking at a menu. I thought it would pass by now. I got up and made six eggs. Then after twi I was full. Then I got so stuck I threw up for an hour.

Will drinking Water help with food being stuck?