Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pioneer valley surgeons

Hello,

I am new to all this but i was wondering if anyone had any feed back about his office. (dr. Haag and Fiallo). So far I am not too impressed with the girls who work there, i understand they are busy but.......5 months ! i was there to see the doc in Nov. and nothing yet, not even precertified. Is this the usual for them? I get so annoyed when I see their commercial and think they can't handle what they have now and are trying to get more people.

GGGRRRRRR !!!!!!! :faint:

Hi All,

Same thing with this doctor's office. I've called repeatedly to no avail. I can't even find out what's been done with the paperwork. I'm ready to just go to Mexico and self pay!

Hi newday,

The only way I can find out anything about whats going on with my paperwork , or should I say whats not going on with my papers is to call the insurance company directly. They are the ones who have told me I have not even been precertified yet.

hazel.

Hi Hazel,

Insurance company will only tell me that they contacted Missy last week requesting additional information and she has not responded. They won't tell me what they are looking for or allow me the opportunity to provide it myself. I called but can't get a response. Oh well, maybe this week. On a positive note, my sister started this journey with me and she's scheduled for surgery early in April. She went with Dr Fiallo and no problems!

what insurance do you and your sister have? What month did you start all this? My insurance is Great west and they have been helpful so far.

I'm denied for not being medically necessary. I will self pay if the appeal is denied. Anyone out there self pay with Dr Haag? Please tell me how much and what's included(like fills at a discount). Also, how does a self pay affect your insurance? P.S. even though I'm a 42 BMI, they say I have no co-morbidities and haven't been on a supervised weight loss program for 6 months. Give me a break! I've been on every diet out there, loss lots of weight, put it back on and more. I'm tired of this already. But, will have the band!

I love Dr. Haag ~ but have to agree that some of the office staff leave a little something to be desired. I tried not to take it personally, but it is hard not to - they can be so snippy!

I began this process a year ago, and thought I'd be a self pay. I asked Dr. Haag about self pay costs, and he quoted $12K-$15K. I hired a great and inexpensive lawyer in the meantime, who fought my insurance and won......so they paid 100%. And continue to pay for the fills! Dr. Haag mentioned that fills would be included for the first year.........

One of these days, someone has to tell Dr. Haag about his staff...maybe he can do something!

AK

Amy, Thanks for the post. Was your lawyer local? Re: Dr Haag's staff, several people have told me that i should tell him also. Maybe if he knew about this site, his staff would just knock it off and become reasonable and more professional.

By the way, my sister had her band yesterday and is doing great. sore but great. Dr. Fiallo was terrific. He was a busy doctor yesterday.

I love Dr. Haag ~ but have to agree that some of the office staff leave a little something to be desired. I tried not to take it personally, but it is hard not to - they can be so snippy!

I began this process a year ago, and thought I'd be a self pay. I asked Dr. Haag about self pay costs, and he quoted $12K-$15K. I hired a great and inexpensive lawyer in the meantime, who fought my insurance and won......so they paid 100%. And continue to pay for the fills! Dr. Haag mentioned that fills would be included for the first year.........

One of these days, someone has to tell Dr. Haag about his staff...maybe he can do something!

AK

Who was the lawyer, I'd love to give the referral to my girlfriend who's insurance company is really messing around with her. THANKS!!

The lawyer I used has the band himself - I only dealt with him online! Never met him face to face. I can't remember his name, but his website was bandedlawyer.com..........that's how I got in touch with him to begin with. Good luck!

I am going through the hoops to be approved for the surgery right now. I also have made a few calls to the office asking for information and never got a call back. It seems that everyone who has responeded to this thread already has had the surgery done. Were you happy with the after care??

Peggy

I too would like to know if everyone is happy with the after care. I am also currently going through the "program" with Dr. Fiallo. My insurance requires a year of supervised dieting...crock of crap if you ask me. Been there and done that.

I'm reading with interest the posts on Pioneer Valley Surgeons. They were one of the places I was thinking of going once my primary comes back from an injury. My chiropractor used Dr. Haag and recommended him highly. He never said anything though about having any trouble with the office staff. I will have to ask him about it when I see him next. I'm even further west, in Berkshire county. We have local doctors, but the only thing I've heard of them doing is gastric bypass and I'm not going that route. Anyway, thanks for the information on this.

I have not had any problems with PVS's staff. I'm working with Dr. Fiallo as he was recommended by my Primary Doc. I even went so far as to have him checked out (boss sits on the board of another local hospital). I got the thumbs up with PVS. Also, I stated about HNE insurance wanted me to do a year of supervised dieting, I don't have to. I just got my approval letter in the mail yesterday, surgery was scheduled today. October 5th I will be joining bandland!!

I very happy for you. I just had my last visit with the dietiation last week. Hoping to hear from PVS soon. I'm hoping for an early November date. When you got your date did you have any say in it? Like did they ask if that was a good day for you? Peggy