Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction Is Strange

Hi all

I have had my real restriction at my last filling 7cc out of 7 cc. in Every new day I feel restriction is reduced and I am not feeling the same as before but I feel satisfied for long time as before minimum 4 hours. Any explanation

The amount of restriction you will feel may vary from day to day; there are many contributing factors. Some have to do with your stress level - I often cannot drink Water while driving due to the level of stress I feel while driving. Others may be the time of day that it is - many have written that their band feels too tight in the morning to eat Breakfast, so they have a Protein shake instead of trying to eat.

Also, over time you tissues adjust to the level of restriction, and you may feel it less.

During the time that you have gradually increased your restriction with fills, you should have also been adjusting your eating patterns and lifestyle.

From what I know, eventually some additional willpower and healthier eating habits will need to assist you with maintaining your weight loss. Being only the tool that it is, you will need to continue to do your part with healthy portions and food choices, along with exercise to reach and stay at your goal weight.

Hi all

I have had my real restriction at my last filling 7cc out of 7 cc. in Every new day I feel restriction is reduced and I am not feeling the same as before but I feel satisfied for long time as before minimum 4 hours. Any explanation

I wonder if you have a possible leak.

Or you could just be getting used to restriction and not "feeling" it as much as you did in the beginning.

In the first tow days food and drink like bubbling down, but now they go down quicker. I am really worried about possible leakage specially because I didn't feel real restriction until my last fill. Yesterday I stopped eating myself andbthe band didn't slow me down, mybe because I was eating fat free food? I am not sure but what I am sure about is the food go thru very fast with normal chewing.