Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, too many carbs. 157 calories, 30 carbs, too much for me. I try to stay with whole wheat products now.

Toasted really? Does that go for any bread? I had planned on never eating bread again - I haven't seen anyone banded eat bread well so I didn't really think it was possible.

Toasted really? Does that go for any bread? I had planned on never eating bread again - I haven't seen anyone banded eat bread well so I didn't really think it was possible.

There are some people who have issue with bread, but otherwise unless you're on a low carb diet, there is no reason you can't have bread after being banded. I eat bread products all the time without issue.

Breads or Pasta potato rice grains are not on my list till i reach my goal weight. When i asked my doc. why? i was told , if i start eating breads, pasta and stuff it can stop the weightloss and even end up it gaining weight after i reach my goal and its not about losing anymore, i can slowly add these things and see which cause weight gain and which are good for me ,so i m not even thinking about any of it right now and i have to say, i dont miss it as much anymore either.

... which is another valid point...every surgeon and nutritionist seem to have their own idea what diets work best,

I follow the plan given to me by my nutritionist and it definitely works for me- even though it's not low carb. I've lost 117 pounds in 6 months so the carb definitely aren't hindering or slowing my weight loss at all.

But again, that is simply what works for me. Everyone is different.

I can sometimes eat a little bread but it usually comes back up, so I've stopped eating it altogether now and I really don't miss it. For me most stodgy foods (bread, cake, fries etc) just won't go down so they are not worth the pain and I really shouldn't be eating them too much anyway, so in that sense the band is doing it's job.

I can eat bread and Bagels, but I don't do it.

I do admit that I have had a few small bites of a slice of rye bread and a toasted "everything" bagel in the nearly 5 months since being banded...it satisfied my craving, and was all I needed. I never experienced any adverse effects from the bread.

Being banded, a slice of whole wheat bread is allowed by my surgeon's instructions after crossing the 6 month post op mark. The other requirement for the bread is that a slice needs to contain a minimum of 3g of Protein. That means no bagels, but a green light to my favorite breads of rye and pumpernickel.

I still have not decided if I will ever have a slice of bread again...

I can, I have, I AINT EVER doing that again, lol....

It got stuck and it was painful, and like ive repeated ad nauseum, I have no fill, but something stopped it and any other bread item ive tried to eat, like pound cake one time. With that one, my son ran into the garage to get DH because he thought I was dying. I felt like I was dying.

But the real reason to not do it is the carbs. Even the bagel slims that they make. Sigh...I miss lox and bagels....

I just had my first fill last Monday and I tried to eat a bagel yesterday for Breakfast. I took one bite and I felt terrible for about 20 minutes. It felt awful and I don't want to feel like that again so I won't be eating them anymore. Everyone is different though so if it something you really don't want to give up try to see if you can eat them toasted as others have suggested.

They make those slim Bagels with about 100 calories and I can eat those. I like them with a lower fat cream cheese and smoked salmon. Great breakfast food. I can eat them but I still choose to eat slowly and take very small bites.

tmf

i don't have trouble if if i toast it and putt some Peanut Butter on it

post-318352-13813140161_thumb.jpg

Bagels are the devil! Had a severe stuck episode..it's the one food after getting stuck once I never tried again!