Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Think Sexual Attraction Will Change With Weight Loss?

I was pondering and very curious if anyone has experience with this or has any thoughts on the subject.

Ok, so I personally have always been attracted to plus sized women. My wife, who has also been banded recently, is a plus sized woman. What I wonder is will my sexual preferences change?...as I become thinner will I also be more attracted to thinner women or will I still be attracted to plus size? Will my wife still be attractive to me? I also wonder, will she still find me attractive? I've always been a big guy and while I know I may not look like brad pitt or have six pack abs, will she find me less attractive as a smaller man?

I appreciate all your thoughts,

Thanks

Roby

i have been heavy and then lost it all and of course regained. my hub desired me regardless. i felt better about (ME) when i lost weight and felt more (alive). by dressing up and be more outgoing.

i feel men are attracted to women for many different reasons. but real men are attracted to (a woman) because of whom she is. not her size. and that goes for a woman also.

i could be a size 2, gorgeous 6ft blonde w/big fake boobs but a attitude like my sheet dont stink or something, yeah i am hot but a horrible person.

all in the eyes of the (beholder).

your wife loves YOU.

and you love HER.

per marriage vows, better or worse/sickness and health..

I think who you are attracted to changes as you change, otherwise we would all be pedophiles. When your 16, 16 yr old are attractive. When your 30, then adults your age are attractive. Hopefully when I'm 70 my hubby will still think I'm hot! Whats attractive about your wife isn't just her body, its the complete package. I've seen men who I thought were attractive but, after knowing them.... Not so much. I like bigger men but, if my man got skinny, his whole being would still be sexy..

Your preferences may change but generally you still love the person you married (unless there are other issues). I sometimes think tastes get stuck in a time warp - I love gorgeous younger men and my husband probably feels the same about women, but that doesn't mean we don't still love each other. He doesn't look as hot as when we first married but then neither do I.

And what is to stop you fantasising about someone else anyway? That is harmless and if it keeps the relationship happy then why not.

From a male prospective, it doesn't c hange much. Now, I speak from the experience who was nearly 400 when I got married, and now at 250 am still madly and passionately in love with my wife (and it's pretty nice having a woman who I know has seen me at my very worst and loves me no mattter what. Such feelings are, in and of themselves, a turn-on).

If you are single and looking around, you might have some feelings change as your self-confidence improves... seeing youself healthier, you might find it easier to see yourself with a healthier woman.

But in general, such things are related to your self image; who you see yourself with.

So the short answer is... only time will tell, Things might change in proportion to how you see yourself change, but the values you put into a relationship with remain the same.

SWEET topic!!! :wub:

My husband has brought it up several times how he thinks I'm going to lose weight, get a boob job (because YES, this is sooo in my future) and leave him for another dude. His concern has really made me think about it!

My internal answer is...I don't know! That's just brutal honesty. I've always loved big guys, my husband is 6'5 290# but when I was not so big, my choice in men was not so big either. My preferences went from a baseball players to a football players as my weight increased. Here is what I know. I love my husband, we are not together by accident. God placed us together as part of His plan for me, for him for our daughter. Are there days when I think I deserve better? Yup. Are there days when I think HE deserves better? For sure.

We'll just take it day by day like we always have (marriage is work whether your skinny or fat) and try to be better examples for our daughter.

Now as for fantasies....can we go there in this forum? Probably not, well at least not mine. Let's just say mine involve BOTH the football player and the baseball player...mmmm-kay?

Thank you all for your honest responses! That's what makes this forum great. I like that we can discuss things like adults even if opinions vary. You guys rock!

I think sexual attraction has a lot to do with all of your senses. It's not just how the woman looks, but to me at least it has a lot to do with the way she carries herself, the way she smells, the way she talks to me and how she makes me feel overall.

so I wouldn't determine whether I will be attracted to someone or not based on how I look, but based on what that person IS and how she makes me feel, it's all psychological, your brain tells you what to like.