Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Get Back On Track

I'm five weeks in and so ashamed to say that my food addiction seems to be winning but I am really, really trying to get back on track. I think it will help to feel accountable to someone so I decided to tell you guys. :)

I have been eating way more than I should and I have been having slider foods way too much... some of them very high in calories. I have had no fills and I don't really get hungry but head hunger is almost uncontrolable.

som, you are not alone in this, i am right there with you. are you still doing your Protein?

i was banded just one day ahead of you........talk to me or anyone on here.....

we cant change yesterday , we can change now

Thanks so much that means a lot to me. I have not been drinking Protein Shakes but I am getting more Protein that required each day.

Remember to drink plenty of Water this will help you fight off the hunger pains. I'm not banded yet, but to help me lose weight, I drink two glasses of water then my costco Protein Shake, multi-vitamins and off to work. For lunch, 1 water bottle full of Crystal Light fruit punch flavor, an Atkins Advantage shake. Then for dinner a nice garden salad with balsamic vinger & oil. sugar free popsicles at night or I make a slush drink using crystal light, shaved ice and freezer. I eat it like a ice cold smoothie. Hang in there.

I feel the same way. . . I have struggled with my weight for the past 20 years and nothing worked. It is hard to make good choices every day. I know we are in "lap band he**" but my will power fads quickly. I have never had an alcohol or drug addict but I realize now how much I am / was addicted to food. I am trying to figure out how to change all of these bad habits I have so this band and I can work on this together. Good post~

It will get easier once you start getting fills!

I'm five weeks in and so ashamed to say that my food addiction seems to be winning but I am really' date=' really trying to get back on track. I think it will help to feel accountable to someone so I decided to tell you guys. :)[/quote']

Hang in there. Try to make sure you are getting enough fluids. I know when I think I am hungry I always try fluids first. I was banded June 5th so am struggling as well. Too many graduation parties and cookouts to try and find something to eat. But keep moving forward and take it one step at a time. I am looking forward to my first fill

First of all, thank you for being so honest! When honesty starts new behaviors can follow more easily. Are you eating all foods now? have you started logging your daily food, exercise and H2O? it really helps you become more accountable to yourself and what YOU really want to accomplish. I do not share my log with others but I know many bandsters do. I use myfitnesspal.com and love it.

Posting on this forum will also help keep you strong. the band is not a miracle, we still have to make conscious decisions. decisions that will become "normal" before you know it! Keep going, things will look better.

everyone who has mentioned H2O is right, drink as much as possible. head hunger is so dangerous, especially if we give in. this is a time to start "new" habits,

you can do this.

Don't give up! This time will pass. The head hunger for me was the worst part of bandster hell. It wasn't that I was really hungry, just a creature of habit. Try to keep yourself busy, go for a walk, clean something, etc. Anything to avoid snacking! Good luck!

are you still doing mushy and soft foods??

I am on solid food now.

First of all' date=' thank you for being so honest! When honesty starts new behaviors can follow more easily. Are you eating all foods now? have you started logging your daily food, exercise and H2O? it really helps you become more accountable to yourself and what YOU really want to accomplish. I do not share my log with others but I know many bandsters do. I use myfitnesspal.com and love it.

Posting on this forum will also help keep you strong. the band is not a miracle, we still have to make conscious decisions. decisions that will become "normal" before you know it! Keep going, things will look better.

everyone who has mentioned H2O is right, drink as much as possible. head hunger is so dangerous, especially if we give in. this is a time to start "new" habits,

you can do this. [/quote']

Thanks so much. :) I have been writing down everything i eat and Water, Vitamins, exercise. I have been getting close to 1500-2000 calories per day which I am sure is too high but I'm not sure how many calories I should be having. I will try to be sure to get in a lot more Water as everyone has suggested.

Thanks so much. :) I have been writing down everything i eat and water' date=' Vitamins, exercise. I have been getting close to 1500-2000 calories per day which I am sure is too high but I'm not sure how many calories I should be having. I will try to be sure to get in a lot more Water as everyone has suggested.[/quote']

I have found www.myfitnesspal.com helped me figure out how many calories I needed each day to meet my weekly weight loss. I am at 1100 calories a day