Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actually it's not correct, but not the "uh huh - uh uh" type so believe what you will :). Just an example of some older statistics from 2009 with a study of 2,570 GS patients Mortality - 0.17%. We can all use Google and unfortunately these days it's considered the GOLDEN answer as "oh yeah it is too accurate cuz I googled it mentality". One can google (what is the gastric sleeve mortality rate) and find several sites, one states 1 in 400 MR, others state 1 - 800 MR...uh oh...keep looking others even creep up higher towards the band MR...lol. Bottom-line what one has to really do for accuracy is retrieve good accurate data. Not easy to come by but publically available if you know where to look :)

@ Leigh please do your research and make the choice right for you ! Your reasons for wanting the band are the same as mine and I'm sure many of us also check out the chart comparison at true results.it seems to be very informative and unbiased

Weight loss surgery site for info

http://www.trueresul...-loss-surgeries

I am not going to state who is correct and who is incorrect in this argument but there are a couple of very valid points.

Why is someone who is not banded and hasn't considered being banded posting on the band board trying to put others off? Is it because they believe that they are party to information that others do not have and can help us see the light. I intensely dislike missionaries of any sort!

As a person with the band I do sometimes stray onto other boards. In fact I quite often read through some of the threads on the sleeve board. However I'm neither rude nor arrogant enough to start posting opinions there which are contrary to their own. If they have decided they are happy with the sleeve surgery then I would assume that they have made an educated decision after weighing up the risks. I might disagree with their choices but i do that quietly to myself. If I want to read the complications thread and think to myself "wow I am glad I didn't choose the sleeve as some of those complications sound horrific" then I do.......... I read it and sometimes I might come back in here and post a link to a particular thread but I don't post in their forum.

I also do not PM people and harass them

I do not feel someone is fully qualified to comment on a procedure unless they have experienced it or studied it in great depth.

I would like to apologize to Leighx, this does not usually happen on this forum. when you ask a question, people give their opinion and move on. please don't be put off by all of this "noise"; keep reading, asking questions and an you will be fine.

I wish you the best on your decision ........

I would like to apologize to Leighx, this does not usually happen on this forum. when you ask a question, people give their opinion and move on. please don't be put off by all of this "noise"; keep reading, asking questions and an you will be fine.

I wish you the best on your decision ........

Just want to say congrats to reaching your goal on the 22nd Woot Woot

lassie

I asked a simple' date=' polite question. If you don't have the band and aren't considering it, what brings you to this forum? You are the one that went defensive emo terrorist and hijacked the thread and continues to do so.

Grow up.[/quote']

LMAO !! Mis73 that's the 2nd time this week !! I think my new name for you is "Troll catcher"

To the original poster - Pleasw don't worry about explaining yourself to the psychologist. I think you have a perfectly good explanation for your change of mind. Also you might mention that the shorter recovery period for the band is desirable. Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

Thank you all. I appreciate all the insight and debate. Just keep it polite and simple. I never meant to start a name calling war. We are all people with the same issues looking for support and advice. I appreciate it.

To the original poster - Pleasw don't worry about explaining yourself to the psychologist. I think you have a perfectly good explanation for your change of mind. Also you might mention that the shorter recovery period for the band is desirable. Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

Thank you for the advice! :)

@ Leigh please do your research and make the choice right for you ! Your reasons for wanting the band are the same as mine and I'm sure many of us also check out the chart comparison at true results.it seems to be very informative and unbiased

Weight loss surgery site for info

http://www.trueresul...-loss-surgeries

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!

I would like to apologize to Leighx' date=' this does not usually happen on this forum. when you ask a question, people give their opinion and move on. please don't be put off by all of this "noise"; keep reading, asking questions and an you will be fine.

I wish you the best on your decision ........[/quote']

Thank you so much. I appreciate it very much!

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!

You are Welcome and good luck on your journey !!:-)