Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

knowing this really ticks me off. They told me they would call me on monday. I had to call them right before 5. They told me they would get back to me on Tuesday, again I called them before 5. Now they have told me they would call me today with #'s. I just might lose it too. How do you schedule a surgery that you don't know the cost of???!!!!

Makes me want to give em a call NOW to schedule...only if I could. 2 more visits...labs...waiting for insurance approval...I'm sure it ends one day.

Harmony~LOVED the blog.....LMAO at it! Miss and Stinky, no grandchildren! Gotta love those girls

HORRIBLE< just terrible. My brain was telling me to go to someone else. But his rep is good. I am still thinking about it.

I have never ever had such a difficult time getting a price quote or date for any procedure like I have this one.

Do you by chance have an email address.

I am STILL waiting to find out my portion. My max OOP is $2500 and I have about $2300 left of that. The lady at True Results said my part should be around $1800, but the doc's office would tell me for sure.

THEY CANT EVEN CALL ME BACK TO SCHEDULE MY EGD! How will I ever get a surgery date?

I got my email from J (the scheduler) and I am trying to find the webinar I am supposed to watch before surgery.

This whole process is making me crazy.

I take it you live in Houston? What part of town? Is there a bandster group here? I would love to be able to meet up with other bandsters as a support group!

I think my little episode on Monday may have helped. I am scheduled, the nutritionist has called and the girl at the front who is supposed to give me $$ info called me sweetheart (ha).

I don't have an email on me, but I will send it when I get to work.

Have you done your patient portal info?

I emailed throught the website. I got really upset after hearing your story and then reading all the other threads about the front office. I left them a detailed email about how my job schedule is crazy (I work for an airline), I have a vacation coming up, and I am used to uber-efficiency due to work. I went so far as to set my own surgery date on the 19th! I am sure that won't fly well, but I knew he had other patients scheduled that day so i would give it a shot, one can only say no! That day would be perfect as that puts me about 2 weeks prior to my family cruise.

"J" called me at 0815 this morning and I MISSED THE CALL!!!!! haha! Then I call back and the office is CLOSED. She called me before office hours. I am hoping the ball will start rolling now, I was SERIOUSLY considering going to another Doctor! The front office represents a doc, but sometimes you have to stand strong in what you believe is right and I was willing to switch, begrudgingly, if my needs were not being met. So thank you for the inspiration!

Now, I am just waiting for 9 am to promptly call so I can get some peace of mind.

So, no email needed t this point. But I appreciate it :)

Jen

oh, and yes, i did my patient portal. What I still find strange is that it is thursday and they are JUST calling you about costs. Do you mind me asking what it was?

preop on the 2nd, EGD on the 3rd and SURGERY on the 19th!!!!! OMG

Wonderful news radarluv!

preop on the 2nd, EGD on the 3rd and SURGERY on the 19th!!!!! OMG

A little meltdown can go a long way sometimes!

Maybe we will see each other at the hospital. Mine is at 7:30 a.m. My pre-op is the 18th. Surgery and EGD are the 19th.

I can't just change doctors though. I would have to be resubmitted and it was a nightmare to get approved. I don't want to take a chance of being denied. My fills will be with TR, so just a few more weeks and I will be done with the main part of dealing with them. Yay. Wooty Woo!

BravoGolfTango. 1) thanks for your service.

2) here is the deal. Dr Hollis' reputation as a surgeon is actually excellent. Unfortunately his front office does not reflect that. Is that enough to drive me away. Perhaps if something didn't happen today. Thankfully it did, and in the nick of time. He SHOULD be more aware (or Beth) at the public opinion on his staff issues.

3)moving along now and ready to put this all behind me and move onto the surgicenter.

I made a mistake - my EGD is the day before. Surgery is actually on the 19th. Sorry!

I'm sorry people have had a bad experience with Dr Hollis. Thankfully I have been very very happy. Tim to take a nap pain killers are kicking in!

It's not Hollis, it's the front desk. It's all good now. Just rest and enjoy the drugs! What do we have to take anyhow? I've heard it is liquid. Like cough Syrup? ???

On the EGD subject. i am thinking that I might be going in earlier because I have chronic acid reflux. EVERY day. That might give them the opportunity for them to fix something if need be.

oh, i have been meaning to fix all that.