Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i just started my two week pre-op liquid diet on Monday and it isn't as bad as i thought it would be. of course' date=' i'm only two days in. the only thing that gets me is the lack of "real" (meat, cheese, etc.) flavored things. all the juices, Jello, puddings, etc. either fruit or chocolate flavored. besides the chicken and beef broth, i got nothing. i see some of you can have salads, lean meats and other things not on my list. i'm going to call my surgeon's office to see what i can do, lol[/quote']

I'm on Protein shakes ONLY, for a MONTH! I feel pain lol

I feel like a mad woman. I am on day 3 of liquid diet and I feel nauseous. I swear if I drink another shake or drop of Water I am going to puke. My doctor is very strict' date=' 3 shakes a day and Water only. No broth, no pudding or Jello. I am having it rough you all. I think if I was able to gave other things it would nt be this bad.[/quote']

Omg!! Meeeeeeee too! I've cheated and had Soup for dinner one night, and it was AMAZING! But every day, 3 Protein shakes only and water! It's killing me! Have u lost weight? How long are you doing it for? What do you drink?

Smellslikecoffee

I have lost a total of 8 lbs and I am on day 4 of liquid diet. Today is going to really be a test because it is the weekend. I have begged my husband to go get me some egg drop Soup. I drink the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes. Walmart sell them or Publix. Propel Water also. I have to do 2 weeks of liquids and surgery is July 11. I have 10 days to go.

Smellslikecoffee

I have lost a total of 8 lbs and I am on day 4 of liquid diet. Today is going to really be a test because it is the weekend. I have begged my husband to go get me some egg drop Soup. I drink the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes. Walmart sell them or Publix. Propel Water also. I have to do 2 weeks of liquids and surgery is July 11. I have 10 days to go.

Congrats! 8 lbs in 4 days is great! I tried those EAS ones, I coudnt drink a whole one! I'm doing the Atkins advantage. Those I can bear. But I also mix it up and have a blended slim fast that I make out of the powder. I'm going today to GNC because they have a shake that has 25 Protein and @ 5/6 carbs...I'm on this diet untill doc says no more, since I don't have a surgery date. But you doc will be so happy your liver is shrinking from this special diet, it willard surgery faster! Congrats again!

Congrats! 8 lbs in 4 days is great! I tried those EAS ones' date=' I coudnt drink a whole one! I'm doing the Atkins advantage. Those I can bear. But I also mix it up and have a blended slim fast that I make out of the powder. I'm going today to GNC because they have a shake that has 25 Protein and @ 5/6 carbs...I'm on this diet untill doc says no more, since I don't have a surgery date. But you doc will be so happy your liver is shrinking from this special diet, it willard surgery faster! Congrats again![/quote']

Thanks a lot!

Hash is not even the beginning. Let's try insane. I will stuck to it because I really want this surgery. I know I will eat solids again but this is a challenge .

Oh mannnnn! So sorry! I'm on day 13 of liquids but I can have sugar free Popsicles and broth. And I have been going nuts, so I can only imagine. However, I found that days 1-4 were worst days! Day 4 especially! So try to get over that and it will get easier! It's not forever! Will pray for you!!

After day 3 it wasn't so bad. Once I got past the headaches I actually wasn't that hungry.

I had the same thing. You can do it! One day till my surgery!

I just started my 2 week liquid diet today. Does anyone have recommendations for Protein Shakes? I went to GNC and bought a bunch of different ones to try, so far I am tried the GNC Total Lean vanilla Bean and its not as bad as I was expecting.

I just started my 2 week liquid diet today. Does anyone have recommendations for Protein shakes? I went to GNC and bought a bunch of different ones to try' date=' so far I am tried the GNC Total Lean Vanilla Bean and its not as bad as I was expecting.[/quote']

I really like the GNC shakes, also try the Atkins advantage, those are good in Protein you can get them at Walmart. They even have coffee ones :)

I looooove the Protein Shots. Kroeger has them on sale right now for 1.59. I wiped them clean out. They are near the pharmacy section, close to the EAS/Slimfast junk. I love them because the have 26 grams of Protein, no sugar, 10 calories and a fruit flavored and I just down them. pretty refreshing and NOT a darn milk flavored drink. They are pretty expensive, even online, so run out to Krogers now! 2 people in the check out line asked me what they were.

I looooove the Protein shots. Kroeger has them on sale right now for 1.59. I wiped them clean out. They are near the pharmacy section' date=' close to the EAS/Slimfast junk. I love them because the have 26 grams of Protein, no sugar, 10 calories and a fruit flavored and I just down them. pretty refreshing and NOT a darn milk flavored drink. They are pretty expensive, even online, so run out to Krogers now! 2 people in the check out line asked me what they were.[/quote']

What are they called? I don't have a kroeger in as but definitely interested in these!

thanks for the suggestions!

well, i started on 6/26 and it was going pretty darn well - a whole lot better than i expected...until today. i couldn't resist the bbq smell and had a chicken leg and 1 rib. i have a headache out of this world and hope i haven't screwed everything up. we'll see. my surgery is scheduled for the 9th but may have to be postponed for a totally different reason (posting in another thread), so that's how i justified it in my head.