Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Total Carb #'s And Sodium #'s A Day???

In miligrams, how much is too much Carbohydrates in your days intake?

What is considered a low sodium intake?

*smiles*

This is what I try to do daily on my Spark people food journal but it's not set in stone either. Some days I get less calories than 1000 but I try to not go over 1200. Some days I have a bit more carb if I feel I need it. I try hard to keep my sodium down but that is so not realistic as most foods in America are loaded with sodium so I just don't add salt to anything I cook. It's my personal nutrition choice and works for me but may not work for someone else. I know that as I become more physically active I do have to add a few more calories.

between 1000 & 1200 calories per day

between 20 & 50 grams of fat per day.

between 60 & 80 grams of carbohydrates per day.

between 80 & 100 grams of Protein per day.

between 0 & 300 mg of cholesterol per day.

between 1000 & 1500 mg of Sodium, Na

at least 12 cups of Water per day.

I eat less than 50 carbs a day and use low sodium salt .. i dont eat salty pre-cooked or processed foods ..

when i eat lower carbs i lose. I stay way under 50 when i can

I am always under what MFP says

This is what I try to do daily on my Spark people food journal but it's not set in stone either. Some days I get less calories than 1000 but I try to not go over 1200. Some days I have a bit more carb if I feel I need it. I try hard to keep my sodium down but that is so not realistic as most foods in America are loaded with sodium so I just don't add salt to anything I cook. It's my personal nutrition choice and works for me but may not work for someone else. I know that as I become more physically active I do have to add a few more calories.

between 1000 & 1200 calories per day

between 20 & 50 grams of fat per day.

between 60 & 80 grams of carbohydrates per day.

between 80 & 100 grams of Protein per day.

between 0 & 300 mg of cholesterol per day.

between 1000 & 1500 mg of Sodium, Na

at least 12 cups of Water per day.

My surgeon uses the South Beach Diet.

mylynn,

Thanks for showing so well what you do yourself. As for 'fat"- between 20-50? Isn't that a large gap in between? That's one of the big one's for me, well, they ALL are :P ... I like fatty foods, but don't mind cutting down drastically. I'm just confused by the large gap. Will I be bad at closer to 50 g's or unecessarily good at 20?

Carbs, I enjoy those too and will need to read more labels to see just how much I enjoy them.

Protein, my Clinic is BIG on protein! And I'm starting to see why. But I had trouble getting enough protein in my daily menu. I used Liquid Protein, but can't afford that this time around. I see people like to use shakes but am confused that that is liquid nutrition. My surgeon wants me to eat my nutrition. But HOW do you get that many grams in? Never could figure that out. You?

Cholesterol-again, big gap there. Like carbs, I'll have to read labels.

Sodium- I never have added salt to my food, didn't want to start another bad habit. But like you, I have it in a lot of the foods I eat unknowingly.

Water - Oh how I dislike innocent water! But there are plenty of ways to get that in. I'm a big drinker and gulper, something I need to end. Plus, I'm only awake 12 hours or so everyday, how do I fit it all in? My Clinic demands no water 1/2 hour before, during or 1/2 hour after any meal and they require 3 meals, 2 Snacks and if you're good, one dessert. I haven't done the math, but it looks like my windows to drink are slim. I don't like that, I get dry mouth bad. How many Ounces do they mean by 12 glasses of water? 12oz? I have a bladder control issue during sleep, so I gotta stop drinking pretty early.

Of course, I am asking your opinion or anyone else who wants to chime in. I messed up the first time around, my fault, (see "My Story" ) and need to get it right this time. Thankfully I have all you folks on LBT to turn to for advise. :D

Thanks for being so informative, and don't worry, I know it's what works for you. It just helps me make better decisions.

For me the whole point of this band is not to diet because I failed at that so many times..I do always eat Protein first (minimum 60 grams a day) but thats really it. I have logged my food because people have asked me what and how much I eat and its about 1000 calories daily. I try to eat plants and not too many things made in plants! (factories!)...best of luck. I believe this is simple and we really over think it!

Believe me, I don't want to overlook it, my surgeon requires you to follow the South Beach diet. Part of the reason I gave up on it was because the diet was TOO strict. If I had just a teeny bit of wiggle room, I'd do better. Surgeon says one thing, dietician another, I swear I went crazy.