Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Stop Eating!!!

I am in a horrible hell-hole of consuming high carb foods, and staying HUNGRY all of the time.

I need serious help. LBT, shrink, band doc... I dont know who can talk me out of this pitt! I can not stop.

For Breakfast I ate a bowl of choc. Fruity Pebbles. For lunch I had chips and dip AND an order of fried shrimp. Then went to Walmart and bought a hershey w/ almond (this was my dessert, I guess), I inhaled it on the way home.

Once home, I ate (Im imbarrased to say this) !5! F I V E !5! slices of burnt toast (why 5?? - why not 1) loaded with butter to help it go down better. I havent had a 1/2 of a piece of toast since Ive been banded. But today I have 5... ??

People, I am sick.

I need help.

i can not stop eating.

Paula,

I feel for you. For the last few weeks I've been feeling the same way. I blame it on the fact that I just had gall bladder surgery and I felt so bad before the surgery and couldn't eat anything but crackers or mashed potatoes and drink tea. (yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it) :rolleyes

Because my monthly support group meeting is still a week away, I started logging my food again. It kind of helps me stay in check better. Even if I do go crazy with the carbs, at least I know what I've done. And, I find that I do better if I start the day off with good old Protein instead of carbs like toast or Cereal. jmho

Good luck, and know that you're not alone in this fight

You can lose many battles without losing the war. One failed day will not negate all you have accomplished. Get yourself together and say, ok; today was an aberration and I know what I did was harmful. Will it happen again? Who knows? The important thing is that you don’t throw all of your hard work away because of just one bad day.

I feel you!!!! I've had way more days then I care to remember like that. I swear carbs are a total drug. They should be illegal! (well maybe not - but why do they have to taste so damn good?)

YUCK...burned toast!! Sounds like you were deliberately sabottaging yourself :) Tomorrow is another day and you are going to do wonderful. One little slip isn't the end of the world. You'll get back on the program in no time.

Paula, maybe we need to just kick each other's a$$, with the new removals going on here today, we should be thankful we've still got our band and try to work more with it, rather than working against it, speaking for myself of course.

No bad choices tomorrow...none, ya here me!

Paula,

First, let me tell you that I miss you. We need to catch up sometime.

Second, let me tell you something that you already know:

That kind of eating (the kind that we've all done) (usually) isn't about being hungry. It's not about craving toast for the first time in a year, it's not about inhaling Cereal, dare I say it -- it's not even about chocolate.

It's about something else. And only you can know what that something else is. Of course, the real problem with that is that sometimes we don't even know what's driving us to that behavior, but most of the time, it's not buried that far under the surface.

For me, binge eating (granted, binging with the band is something entirely different in form than binging without the band, but in *essence*, it's very similar) is an alternative to something else that I need to do -- like, face someone, something, or some emotion that I'd rather hide from. When I'm in that state, I'm usually in a state that requires some action, and because I don't want to take action against or for whatever is REALLY bothering me, I turn to my crutch, my nemesis, my friend, my liberator, that which binds me, my drug -- food. While I certainly can't know what you're going through right now, I don't think we're completely different people. So maybe that's something we have in common.

Is there something going on right now in your life that requires you to do something you don't want to? Are you going through any signficant changes?

If so, what would it take for you to address whatever that issue might be? Sometimes just having a plan is enough to get us back on track.

If nothing comes to mind, maybe you need to have a nice long conversatoin with a friend, or a therapist, or a pastor, or your dog/cat/guinia pig/hamster/whatever =) Sometimes we just need help opening up to figure out what's REALLY eating us -- no pun intended.

Peace to you,

Jonathan

Ok Girlfriend, take a deep breath...

tomorrow morning start your day with ONLY Protein. NO SUGAR OR CARBS !!! We all know that carbs and sugar only crave more carbs and sugar, it is a vicious cycle and it is a proven fact. If I ate cereal in the morning for breakfast, you might as well chain me the the fridge and cupboards I would eat all day long. Protein does help to curb your cravings and hunger. All that sugar you ate today just made your body want more more more which is why you probably ate 5 pieces of toast, the hershey bar, the chips and dip.Where was your protein today girl?? . The key is to start your eating with protein only..it works I promise..purge that crap out of your system, drink lots of Water tomorrow and eat lots of protein. you will feel better...and do not beat yourself up about this, tomorrow is a new day, no damage was done, you are not sick, you are normal :)

(((HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND)))

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

:kiss2: :kiss2: I go threw the same sort of thing with the over eating and junk food. I find that when I am stressed out then I eat the whole house.

Some one once once told me "we can't have a fat head and a skiny body".

In other words THERAPY is a good call or some kind of program.

We are lossing weight but our minds are still fat. We just need to re-program our minds to be skiny like our new bodies.

It is a tuff one because I always feel like I sabotage my self as soon as I feel like I am loosing weight.

Your not alone hang in there as long as you keep loosing and not gaining.

I have been at the same weight for a few weeks now gain 5 loose 5 but I'm still trying....

Stay strong,

Patty cake

Dr.Kuri(Tijuana,Mexico)

banded date 01/15/05

Starting weight 291

Current weight 245 down -47 pounds

Aww geeze Paula *hugs*

They are so right about the Protein. You are in a carb spin. Think it through logically. Stop saying you can't stop eating. You certainly can. Take the control back over your choices and start listening to your body. You are hungry. The stuff you've fed your body isn't giving it what it needs and is now used to. It needs Protein and it does need carbs - good carbs, fruits and veggies. But.. remember the rule, eat the protein first. Satisfy the hunger by eating solid Proteins. Once you aren't hungry anymore it will be easier to identify the head crap that's driving you to this. Listen to Jonathan too. Figure out what's going on. But FIRST feed your body so you can identify the real hunger from the insanity of carb addiction. You can do it. You have the power to make decisions that will benifit your health and not run you off the road. Let us know how youre doing -after you eat some protein!!

Maybe you need a fill? i dont know but dont feel bad it happens to all of us... Ive been eating like a little heifer too... Time for a fill agian...

Kim

Jonathan: I coudln't have said it better myself.

Anytime I binge I always have to stop and say to myself, "OK Penni, what is REALLY going on with you right now. What emotion is coming up?" Once I figure that out then the binging stops. And ya know sometimes I just don't care what the emotion is I just wanna eat and binge. I then say, "OK Penni if you don't wanna deal with the emotion right now then just know that you will have to work harder to get off the pounds you are eating." If I am ok with that statement then I binge.

Paula sweetie, we have all been there. I went on a horrible binge while I was visiting my Mom and it was all because I was worried about her and I didn't wanna be there and I felt guilty for not wanting to be there. VICIOUS CYCLE!! So I ate.

You are loved. You are a special person. You are a worthy person. You are a beautiful person. I am happy to have you as my friend.

NOW! STEP AWAY FROM THE FOOD! LOL!!!

HUGS