Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Pictures...

Does it bother anyone else to see pictures of the old you?

Im down 150 pounds from my starting weight so there is quite a diffrence in how I look.. you would think I could look at them and feel some sort of accomplishment or happiness in the diffrence I see in myself and my health but thats so not the case!!

I literally want to cry when I see them I cringe and have to look away... Idk what it is maybe ashamed that I ever let myself get there.. Or scared to think of getting that big again.. Idk :(

It definitely bothers me, I don't know about anyone else!lol.

You're down an amazing amount of weight, and congratulations BTW! So don't focus on sadness and the "old you". Use those pics as motivation to NEVER go back there. File them away for if you feel your motivation slipping. Otherwise I would take a whole bunch of new pics of yourself and Celebrate what you've accomplished!

I do get down every so often especially when I look at my ID badge for work, which I have to see almost everyday, but I don't let it get me down it's just a reminder of what I've come from.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss so far!

I agree use them as motivation. When i feel myself slipping i look at where i was and where i am now and get excited again about losing more weight.. so definitely keep them for that extra motivation and congrats on your success! !!

I HATE looking at mine but I do it every single day. I keep a copy of it on my fridge as a reminder of what that big white box did to me in the first place!

I also do not like looking at pictures of myself. As a result I have very few pictures of me with my family. I'm always the one to take the pictures. Hopefully as I get closer to my goal weight that will change.

I still have a long ways to go, but I HATE pictures of me from before surgery. I actually deleted a bunch from Facebook because I just couldn't take it. Fat pictures are just a painful reminder of how miserable I was, and I'd prefer to leave that in the past and concentrate on losing the rest of this weight.

When I compare fat pictures to current pictures, I think, "You've come a long way, kiddo. Hang fast."

If pictures from the past upset you, put them away and don't look at them. Beating yourself up over what used to be is a waste of time and energy that can be spent on more positive things. If you can't quit torturing yourself with the past, find a good counselor and talk it out. You've accomplished an amazing physical transformation and deserve to enjoy the results.

I hate fat pictures but sometimes they are part of an important memory. I do not want to delete the special memories so I cannot delete the photos. Hopefully there will be lots more memories with pics of me in looking slim and happy, these days I am more than happy to pose for the camera whereas before I used to hide as I hated how fat I had become.

The next problem is wrinkles but at least it's easy to delete those before you upload them!

Sad isn't it that we can never be 100% happy with ourselves.

I was photo-phobic even before I got fat. So there aren't a lot of pics of me from childhood on. But no, I don't like seeing pictures of my fat self, now or then.

It makes me sad *now* to look at pictures of me, and know how much smaller I used to be. All through highschool I weighed roughly my goal weight and thought that I was "too fat." Now I strive for that weight! It kills me to see myself in family pictures, in fact, I usually try to avoid them! I plan on keeping a pic or two around as a reminder though!

I was looking at some old pictures and now that I have lost weight I see I was bigger than I thought. I have a couple of pics of me the morning of surgery and it CONFIRMS I made the right choice with the band! Thank you band and lets keep on the right path together to reach the goal. I will keep my pics to remember how far I have come and where I never want to be again!

I cringe whenever I see old pictures of me. I can't believe that I allowed myself to get that big. I deleted all pictures off Facebook. I do have 1 picture to help keep me motivated.

I didn't think it bothered me until I started looking at old pics of myself last night...we have to choose some for a photo montage at our wedding. I kept saying to my fiancé "Geez, aren't there any pictures of me where I don't look like a house?!" It definitely makes you appreciate where you came from and where you are now. I think all our wedding guests are going to think "Who is this fat girl that's in all these pictures with the groom?" :lol:

Does it bother anyone else to see pictures of the old you?

Im down 150 pounds from my starting weight so there is quite a diffrence in how I look.. you would think I could look at them and feel some sort of accomplishment or happiness in the diffrence I see in myself and my health but thats so not the case!!

I literally want to cry when I see them I cringe and have to look away... Idk what it is maybe ashamed that I ever let myself get there.. Or scared to think of getting that big again.. Idk :(