Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggles.....

STRUGGLING! Lost 85lbs my first year after surgery, 4/25/12 marks my year. Since then I have gained 15 and cannot get motivated to get going again!!!!!!!! IDEAS to get back on track??Right before Christmas 2011 I was working out hardcore and with a group of people.. well my husband and I stopped working out with them because my friend's husband, who was the guy working us out 4-5 times a week, developed feeling for me and got very uncomfortable. Since parting our ways with them i am just not motivated anymore to work out, hate working out alone. Blah so frustrating!

You can't out-train a lousy diet. Stop buying and cooking slider foods. Make a vow to throw them out or at least eat them all up and don't buy them again. Physical exercise is very important but it's not the end of losing weight. Google other gyms in your neighborhood. Buy a bike, get a tae-kwon-do or other martial arts membership. Join a spin class. Pilates. Stop whining and get your butt out there and work it off :angry:

;) My version of the half-time talk to Dallas Cowboys players. If you live in the Dallas area there are so many things you can do other than sit around pining over a silly workout session. I highly recommend martial arts. It's a great workout and you learn so much about yourself. Good luck.

tmf

i kno how u feel i am just a yr out and have lost 75. i am only half way to goal and have been struggling the past couple of months.

Jo, you do understand how awesome you have done right? 75 lbs is super. Keep it up, and get back into it.

tmf

ya i do.. I feel sooo much better and have said if i didnt lose another pound it has been worth it so far. BUT i am not stopping i am going to lose more and get to goal. I just have to start really working at it. thanks for your kind words of encouragement btw you have done great also.

STRUGGLING! Lost 85lbs my first year after surgery, 4/25/12 marks my year. Since then I have gained 15 and cannot get motivated to get going again!!!!!!!! IDEAS to get back on track??Right before Christmas 2011 I was working out hardcore and with a group of people.. well my husband and I stopped working out with them because my friend's husband, who was the guy working us out 4-5 times a week, developed feeling for me and got very uncomfortable. Since parting our ways with them i am just not motivated anymore to work out, hate working out alone. Blah so frustrating!

First of all, HOORAY for your success at losing anything let alone 85 pounds! You should be very proud of yourself. You say you can't get motivated, right? Mentally and/or physically? Give it some thought and go from there. Talk with your husband, or go on this site like you did. You were NOT whining, btw! Exercise is very important to achieving a healthy body, and an appropriate diet is neccesary to losing and keeping weight off. I'd buckle down hard on both. If you give it your best, you'll succeed!

As for the issue of the gym/friend situation, I agree there are many ways to avoid that situation and still get a good workout in, like stated above. Maybe you could start slow and work back up to a good routine. When I workout, I drown out the noise of the gym with my iPod, and I also put on the fastest music I have to keep me going. I avoid making exercise friends at the gym because I prefer to do my thing alone, I can concentrate better and don't ever feel need to be with another person in order to workout. But you say you liked having buddies and you miss them, maybe you can find a class or pool where folks get together to exercise?

15 pounds gained is not failure, just a glitch. All depends on how you look at it. Be kind to yourself!

Summer is the perfect time to get back on track! Start walking more, ride a bike, go for a run, do yoga in the park, etc....there are so many outdoor activities that can be done. Or, join a gym and start taking classes there. There is no reason to just stick to one person who can train you. If you have netflix, you can even rent workout DVDs to mix it up a bit. I suggest trying anything with Gilad. His workouts are great and he'll get you going in no time, plus it's a DVD so he won't flirt with you or try to date you in front of your hubby. :wub: ;):rolleyes::P