Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Ever Over Eaten

Like stuffed yourself... Just wondering can that still happen and if you did what happened, ie sick, miserable etc....

I admit it. I've done it. Eat more than supposed to. Maybe at a party or simply Ive forgotten.

Everyone is different but I don't get nauseus or stomach pain, just the guilt killing me inside.

I want to throw up, but that's worst than eating a lot.

So I tell myself, I won't do it again. food is not priority in my life.

I have not had that "stuffed" feeling since being banded. On the occasions I have over-eaten, I find I will get hit with an horrendous wave a nausea -- that's worse than being stuffed!! It's kind of like a shock collar on a dog, they learn really quickly what not to do -- as have I!!

yes, I have and it wasn't a good experience either. After reading many posts about people not eating enough, hitting a plateau, etc. I thought oh, maybe thats my problem so I tried increasing what I ate and that was a BIG mistake!! Lesson learned: listen to your body and the band will tell you when enough is enough.

Bamabander.. did you have a problem?

I get the pressure in the chest and the food at the back of my throat that no amount of swallowing will get rid of. I learn fast not to do that again.

No, but getting ready for a vacation and slightly worried about it... Thought if I read any one's bad experience would help keep me in check!!!! I love all you, so honest and helpful and thoughtful!

this morning I had two hardboiled eggs for breakfast...I'm guessing I didnt chew as well as I should..and I had a wave of nausea hit me...it passed a few minutes later...i felt the food move through the band. Talk about odd feeling..just like drinking cold fluids...

Everyone is apparently different and I think it depends on your level of restriction - I can't see how I can stuff myself now. If I eat too much I will start pbing. When I do that - I can't take another bite. I have not had a total full filing for the last 2-3 months. I just stop myself from eating usually because I don't want to pb. On the other hand. I have a friend that pb throughout the time she is eating and is able to eat all of her food - it's weird eating with her.

Everyone is apparently different and I think it depends on your level of restriction - I can't see how I can stuff myself now. If I eat too much I will start pbing. When I do that - I can't take another bite. I have not had a total full filing for the last 2-3 months. I just stop myself from eating usually because I don't want to pb. On the other hand. I have a friend that pb throughout the time she is eating and is able to eat all of her food - it's weird eating with her.

Ewwww! That would be weird!! You must be a really good friend!

I just stuffed myself today and I feel horrible, even breathing is hard to do. I just had my band last tuesday and I guess I have no real restriction but I ate without thinking about it and I feel so stuffed. My advise is dont do it

No' date=' but getting ready for a vacation and slightly worried about it... Thought if I read any one's bad experience would help keep me in check!!!! I love all you, so honest and helpful and thoughtful![/quote']

Hi bama! Be careful. I'm on vacation now. Today was a hard day because I'm with a large group. The no drinking and eating has been tough for me. Plus I'm going to be honest and say I ate too much, too quickly for lunch. I was beyond uncomfortable for hours. Then I had to attend a group dinner. I had some Soup but it was uncomfortable. I just need to get a hold of myself and for tomorrow slow down, make smart choices, and stop immediately after getting any soft stop signals. Good luck!

I just stuffed myself today and I feel horrible, even breathing is hard to do. I just had my band last tuesday and I guess I have no real restriction but I ate without thinking about it and I feel so stuffed. My advise is dont do it

Didixo, be kind to your body! You have just had major surgery and I would be surprised if you are on anything but liquids at the moment.

Take care of yourself and remember why you went through all of this.

Didixo' date=' be kind to your body! You have just had major surgery and I would be surprised if you are on anything but liquids at the moment.

Take care of yourself and remember why you went through all of this.[/quote']

I'm 3 weeks post op and I ate too much. I was allowed to go on to string cheese and instead I had mozzarella sticks at the bar. I definitely went overboard and even have a cocktail which made me ravenous. Then was picking at my son's food in and it up being 3 chicken nuggets and tiny little burger. I was so full it's now 8 hours later and still full but my worry is really about being an idiot and stretching the pouch or sipping and something like that. I have lost 13 pounds in 3 week and have been near perfect but tonight I was like pulling the rip cord and I really paid the price it was uncomfortable really worried all night about stretching my pouch and slippng the band what do you think??? Could this have happened with 1 b I n g e? It is still 1 quarter of some food that i used to eat do you like a truckload...scared.