Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating 6 Meals A Day

My Dr instructed me to eat only three meals a day. I get hungry in between meals. I want to start eating 6 meals a day by splitting my 3 meals in half. Has anybody had any success with the six meals? I have not had any fills.

My Dr instructed me to eat only three meals a day. I get hungry in between meals. I want to start eating 6 meals a day by splitting my 3 meals in half. Has anybody had any success with the six meals? I have not had any fills.

i dont see anything wrong with doing this...

Doesnt work for me, id rather eat one good satisfying meal than two small unsatisfying one. But its an individual thing and if it suits you i dont see why you shouldnt do it.

Personally, i think ou end up eating more. I mean half a lapand meal is literally two or three bites or some people.

I had my first fill back on June 4th, prior to that i was eating 3 meals and usually ended up snacking around 8 or 9 pm. Was losing about 2 lbs a week with exception of one week i lost 5. Since fill i found myself not eating as big of portions so then i would be hungry about every 2-2.5 hours instead of every 4-5...i eat about 5 meals a day and havent been hungry after about 6 pm, and im someone that stays up til midnight some nighrs. I went to nutritionist appt on the 7th and had lost 3.5 lbs since that monday..this morning im down another pound so it seems to be working for me, but again everyone is different. try it out for a week or two and see what happens.

good luck.

My doctor doesn't recommend it....he says 3 meals a day and you have 30 mins to eat it. That being said......

You know your body better than anyone else....so if its working for you I say go for it.--just make sure you aren't conviencing yourself that its one meal that is divided in half. I could see where it would be very easy to accidently add extra food to each meal...thinking it wasn't large enough. Seeing only 200 calories on a plate and thinking thats a meal might be hard...even though another will be coming in two-three hours. I would make sure you weigh and track your food religiously. Join myfitnesspall.com if you need help recording it.

My nutritionist recommends eating every 3-4 hours with Protein at every mini-meal. So, I start my day with a Protein Shake, have sausage and an apple for Breakfast, 3 oz of protein + a veggie for lunch, 3 oz. protein + fruit for afternoon snack, and then 3 oz. protein + veggie for dinner. My nutritionist said there's no way to get in the needed nutrition otherwise. I have been successful with this -- losing 65 pounds over 10 months. Good luck!

You haven't filled in your profile so we can only assume you're post op?

I eat 5 times a day. 3 normal band meals and two snack meals. I think it's different for everyone. I read where many people eat a meal and aren't hungry for 4-5 hours. Lucky them. That's not me. I get hungry every 2.5-3 hours except after dinner. I'm losing and I'm sure I could lose more if I avoided the snacks(healthy ones) but dieting equals discomfort for me and I don't plan on being uncomfortable for the next year. That's what destroyed my prior attempts at losing weight.

tmf

You haven't filled in your profile so we can only assume you're post op?

I eat 5 times a day. 3 normal band meals and two snack meals. I think it's different for everyone. I read where many people eat a meal and aren't hungry for 4-5 hours. Lucky them. That's not me. I get hungry every 2.5-3 hours except after dinner. I'm losing and I'm sure I could lose more if I avoided the snacks(healthy ones) but dieting equals discomfort for me and I don't plan on being uncomfortable for the next year. That's what destroyed my prior attempts at losing weight.

tmf

i feel the same way. i figure im better off being happy with my diet,(that includes a few Snacks ) and losing a little less. its coming off but not as quickly as it could. i dont mind that at all and i dont look on the band as being a hard task master at all.

Yes I am post op. Banded on may 21. I'm have the hunger pains after two hrs of eating. I need to complete my profile

I would also say to make sure Protein is your main focus of meals. If you are not getting 20-25g Protein per meal, evaluate what you can change. I usually can go 3-4 hours before getting hungry. My meals for today are as follows:

- Breakfast (7:30): approx 3/4c cottage cheese with pineapple, one packet Good n' Hearty oatmeal

- lunch (11:30): 1/2c kale, 3oz rotisserie chicken, 1/4 avocado, sprinkle of fat free cheddar, sprinkle of sunflower seeds

- snack (4:30): Fiber bar

- dinner (9:30): 1c kale, sliced steak, 1/4 avocado, Tomato, 4 slices of cucumber. May have a SF pudding for dessert.

Everyone is different so find what works for you. I would strongly recommend keeping track of everything you eat on something like my fitness pal so you can stay at your calorie & Protein, etc. goals. I eat protein throughout the day & include a couple of Premier shakes (I don't eat a lot of animal protein). Good luck!

If it is healthy (i.e. you're getting all of your Protein, Vitamins, minerals, etc.) and it works for you, that is much better than trying to force yourself into something that doesn't fit your lifestyle, which often results in a relapse.

The first time I lost my weight I broke all of those rules, and gained it all back since it wasn't sustainable. Giving up pizza will never work for me. ;)

I would also say to make sure Protein is your main focus of meals. If you are not getting 20-25g Protein per meal' date=' evaluate what you can change. I usually can go 3-4 hours before getting hungry. My meals for today are as follows:

- Breakfast (7:30): approx 3/4c cottage cheese with pineapple, one packet Good n' Hearty oatmeal

- lunch (11:30): 1/2c kale, 3oz rotisserie chicken, 1/4 avocado, sprinkle of fat free cheddar, sprinkle of sunflower seeds

- snack (4:30): Fiber bar

- dinner (9:30): 1c kale, sliced steak, 1/4 avocado, Tomato, 4 slices of cucumber. May have a SF pudding for dessert.[/quote']

I can only eat 4 Oz a meal. How are you able to eat that much?

I can only eat 4 Oz a meal. How are you able to eat that much?

If you are physically restricted more than me, that would be why. I like my band looser so it is just helping control hunger and not so it's cutting out food groups.