Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Able To Eat During Full Liquid Stage

I had surgery on the 7th and everything went well. I did ok on the clear liquid diet and had no nausea. But I started the full liquid diet yesterday and I am now sick to my stomach. I have only been able to sip low fat yogurt without getting nauseated. I am not getting any nutrients other than that. I was wondering what you were able to have during your full liquid stage? I am so scared that I might throw up and make my band slip or something.

liquids is liquids is liquids.

Have you tried Soups? Just make sure they are blended to a creamy consistency.

or custard, nice and runny

Yes, take it very easy. My surgeon has us on Clear Liquids for about a week. But, anyway, make sure that your liquids are that! Don't try to eat anything that is lumpy. And(by the way), my surgeon says that cottage cheese is not a liquid or a mushy, it is a solid. Just go slowly, you will soon be able to take in more liquids. Sip, sip,sip, all day long on liquid stage, you will not over eat!!!! Good luck, Karen

I was on clears for 7 days. When I moved to full liquids on day 15 that was Tomato Soup. Yogurt was not until day 21! I would back off to smooth Soups for now. You are only 5 days out.

If u had to drink Protein Shakes u can drink them now also for some extra nutrition thats about all i consume im not hungry at all so because im worried about being on liquids for 6 days has got to eventually take a toll. My doc says dont eat if your not hungry so i drink a slim fast for Breakfast lunch n dinner and fluids between! U can do this i was banded same day as u we can do this good luck!

Anyone have suggestions for full liquids? I'm 'eating' creamed Soups, Protein Shakes, yogurt, sugar-free pudding, milk and the clear liquids. I'm doing well but fear I will get bored over the next few days. Anyone have some good recipes?

I am starting to get a little bit scared about my recovery. I am actually feeling worse now than I was before. I feel sick to my stomach and it is making it extremely hard for me to get much of my liquids. I have only been doing the broth from Soup and not the cream soup. Even typing the words cream soup makes me sick to my stomach right now. The meds I have for this don't seem to work that well although I have not thrown up. I can barely get any Protein at all because the shakes gross me out and always have. My port site seems to hurt almost as badly as it did before and my insides just feel like someone punched me repeatedly. It seems like everyone else is doing so much better than I am a week after surgery. :(

You may need some medication to decrease your nausea. I would check in with your MD. The port site is going to be sore for a bit because of how it was put in.

hi som

today is 7 days since i had surgery........my shoulder/neck has hurt so bad that it was all i could think about. earlier this week, my Protein shake made me feel like i was gonna be sick so my dr called in a prescrip to help with nasusa. my stomach is bruised because i have to do levonox shots for another 10 days and i am frustrated bc all this liquid has given me alot of time on the potty. i also dont read where anyone is struggling like me but wanted you to know i understand what you are going through. if you can, how about drained veggie Soup? or Tomato Soup? ?

i am having alot of trouble drinking but i am trying and doing the best i can. that is all we can do. hang in there. pm me if you ever need to.

7 days post op here to , i am on liquids for two weeks take everything slow. i was so nervous the first couple of days but i enjoy shakes. throw some ice cubes in them and mix in a blender gives it a milk shake consistency.

Trust your body if you can't keep any liquids down then call your doctor asap like the previous post said you may need some meds which is common.

Do not compare yourself to anyone else ....everyone's body is different you have people on here that were on liquids for 4 days post op or people like me 2 weeks. its all different and greek yogurt is great even add to some pudding its good. high Protein. i doubt anyone on here will tell you that the liquid phase was wonderful but it is needed so your stomach can heal. You will make it through it. Call your doctor, hang in there its tough but you will make it. everything is in steps....take it slow.

I felt nauseous when eating certain things on full liquids, specifically SF jello... If you don't like Protein Shakes, look into Protein Shots or nectar brand protein- both are supposed to be like fruit juices and not milky Protein. It's imperative you get your protein in, as you want to thwart losing any muscle mass.

Oh im with ya im a week post and go in for a catscan tomorrow we r thinking i have a clot movin north im extremely short breathed and it very painfull to breathe and tes im not eating on my full liquid either so i just drink n drink! Ur not alone by any means