Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Solid Foods And Not Eating So Healthy!!!

Frustrated as soon as I started eating solid foods I feel like I'm eating all the wrong things, my eyes are to big, and since I was banded may 7th I really have no restriction. Although I do get my Protein in chicken, fish etc. The bad thing is is that it's barbecued chicken, or turkey burgers with cheese, or tuna macaroni salad Smh. Havent stepped on the scale sure I won't be happy! Any suggestions on how to stay motivated and have that tunnel vision to stay healthy? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

First thing I would say is to limit your carbs, they are so bad for you. I would also suggest using low fat or low sugar Condiments which I didn't know was out there but you can try to find healthier options of just about anything. Use the Protein Shakes as a filler also.

Hi there...

Yes, you should probably try to eat better, but the tone of your post sounds to me like you're "acting out." Feeling rebellious is natural. No one likes feeling like they've got handcuffs on, or they're trapped into having to eat a certain way. You're testing the limits... And right now, there aren't any, so you're just eating crap and feeling guilty!!

Remember that this is a big change, and you have to expect that It's going to take some getting used to. Your job now is to see what it's like eating with the band. What can you tolerate, what can't you...

But please, don't use the surgery as vehicle to beat yourself up! You are NOT failing at this, and you are NOT causing yourself harm. You're simply eating foods with a higher calorie count. Which is fine... You're allowed to do that. It is your decision. You'll probably lose weight a little slower, but you can decide to do that for a while. And then at some point, you can decide that you want to try and lose faster, and make different choices.

This is all up to you! Be kind to yourself.

Until you get restriction it is a matter of will power.

You have yo be able to say no to things that are bad for you,

We have all geen thru this and you can to.

Have you been to a support group? That might help.

OMG....i am only 3 1/2 weeks out and did so well the first 2 weeks - down 16lbs....and as soon as i went off track....i have gained back several lbs.....not happy with myself, my choices, my lack of will power....i keep saying that i am going to make better choices, but night time really gets me.....poor choices or too much of a not so bad choice....I need to turn it around quickly before all of my losses become gains again.....

Disappointed in me......

I know how you're feeling. My surgery was 4/24, I lost 27 pounds so far but gained back 3 since starting solids. I've kind of been going a little crazy without restriction.

I got my first fill yesterday, I now have 3.5 ccs in my 10 cc band. It's made a bit of a difference.

I'm SO upset with myself. My willpower sucks!

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing....best of luck to you too....hopefully within a month we can share a good news story.....let me know how the fill works out for you.....

Best advice I can offer is to buy a food scale and start weighing your Protein. My doctor says 3 oz. Then eat raw or steamed veggies until full. This is a will power diet until you get restriction. More than half the battle is choosing healthy foods. If I would be embarrased for my doctor (or his PA) to see me eating something I don't buy it!

I am now on mushes. I feel I still have my will power. After going through all of this, I can't imagine eating junk. I get full really quick, I thank god that i do! Think thin, think positive, I am loving my weight loss so much!!